Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-DS3L - New P45 driver posted

Originally posted by ed1 View Post
    Lsdmeasap, I was able to get the USB drive properly configured and memtest86+ running. Just as you suspected, the problem was that I had loaded ALL of the boot files onto the USB drive. When I reformatted the drive and let the HP format tool configure the USB drive as a bootable drive and just pointed the HP program to the folder where the boot files were, it worked fine. What had confused me was that on the first try, I noticed that none of the boot files were showing on the USB drive when I looked at it in Windows Explorer, so I thought it was empty. In any case, when I reformatted the USB drive and just let the HP tool configure it as a boot drive, then added manually the memtest executable file, everything worked fine - just as you said it would.
    Thats what I did and why as well! The Full files will boot and work properly in DOS for flashing BIOS or anything else DOS related but something in there messes up memtest? I also tested Win98SE DOS files which have extras and had the same findings so it must just be a CD driver or something not needed that messes it up.

What kind of testing are you doing is what would matter? Since you just got it going, I would assume you have not tested this ram before/yet?

I always test New ram for a while to be sure it is not DOA, test at stock timings, speed and Set voltages with one stick at a time otherwise you wont know which is causing the errors if any. A good few hours is suggested, overnight if you have the time.

When testing ram for tweaking timings, I will run test #2 and #5 for a half hour or so of each between moves, and longer after a few or many moves, and when I thin it is good and stable and where I want the timings I will let 2 and 5 run for several hours each, then a few hours of full tests

To run Tests by number see here (Post #2) >>

I would tweak the subtimings, but if you do not have time or patience you can try turbo (Which is only suggested with NO overclock and no subtimings set) or you can at least set the Static tRead Value as low as you can make it stable.

Good luck with things, and please post back if you need more help or want some other suggestions for timings.

Thanks for your kind words, that is why I am here... To Help!

Comment

Working...
    X