Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the verdict with Memory Performance Enhance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the verdict with Memory Performance Enhance?

I hear people say to leave it at standard. I also hear these same people saying it gives better performance.

I just read an article saying to leave it on standard, as you get better gains than setting it to turbo or extreme. I'm confused.

AnandTech - Performance Enhance option Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x mobos

I have an EP45-DS3R
    I7 - 2600K
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (bios F20e mod)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Sapphire 7970
    ASUS XONAR DX
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

Re: What's the verdict with Memory Performance Enhance?

Leave on standard, otherwise it will change (AT WILL) your trd (Performance Level - Static tRead Value) which affects ram performance hugely. If you are overclocking at all, please set to standard for stability purposes and so that YOUR manually settings will be used

Comment

Re: What's the verdict with Memory Performance Enhance?

Originally posted by bodean View Post
      I hear people say to leave it at standard. I also hear these same people saying it gives better performance.

I just read an article saying to leave it on standard, as you get better gains than setting it to turbo or extreme. I'm confused.

AnandTech - Performance Enhance option Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x mobos

I have an EP45-DS3R
      I know its hard to read but did you try to read it yourself???

It says the Performance Enhance option gives better performance on Turbo. The lower the Performance Level setting the more performance.

With that said, Turbo or Extreme is only for systems set to stock or a very mild overclock like 10%. Once the system is overclocked it should be set to standard. My P35-DS3L can take the Turbo setting to a 10% overclock, most systems can't, but my system can run on Performance Level 5 at stock. You can see it in the Sticky: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS.

Comment

Working...
      X