X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair XMS 2 problems

Greetings,

Trying to install this memory on Gigabyte P965G-DS3:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

When I built the system 2 years ago, I used the same memory but 2 x 1GB sticks and have never had a problem.

Now all I get is Blue Screen of Death informing me that board is not ACPI compliant.

I tried bringing up the voltage by 0.1 and 0.2 but neither is fixing the issue.

Was going to try BIOS update, but on Gigabyte download page, it shows three versions for this board...rev 1.0, rev 2.0 and rev 3.3. I am totally unsure of which one I need.

Any guidance on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Corsair XMS 2 problems

PS. Sorry for double post

Comment

No problems about the Dupe, I delete about at least 4-5 a day of my own! Seems the board does it often to more then just me then!

Of, first of all your Board Revision Number. This is printed on the PCB (Actual Board itself) in the lower corner under the PCI slots.

As for your ram issue, with 2x2Gb you need to add some MCH voltge, and set your ram voltage as well manually to +.1 Which is 1.9V

You will also need to be sure Refresh to Act Delay is set to 52-62.

If you would like, the best way to do this smoothly it shot down your PC. Then put ONLY ONE stick of ram in slot one. Then turn on the PC and go into the BIOS and make these changes. Save and Apply and shut down and then out in the second stick into Slot 3. Then start your system, with those changes you should have better luck

As for other settings you may want to adjust... I forget the 965P BIOS options available to you, can you please post me some images of the MIT section once you get both sticks running

Comment

Thanks for your efforts so far. Here is where I am at.

Tried your procedure and upped dimm voltage to + 0.1 and MCH voltage to +0.1. Still got blue screen of death.

Im sorry, but I am not familiar with Refresh to Act Delay. Couldn't find anything remotely like it in my BIOS. Could you please explain further.

Hopefully, I attached a screenshot of my MIT screen successfully to this post. Maybe that will help.

Also, I still can't locate the Board Revision Number. How exactly should it look? Perhaps you could point me toward a picture? Along those lines, do you think I should even bother with a BIOS update to solve this problem?

Again, thanks for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, ya you need a BIOS update, seems you still have to use the Hotkey to view all settings. On the MAIN page of the BIOS, please press Control + F1 and the screen will flash, then go back into MIT section and post another image. I think you will only have these, I asked for a image to be sure. But I think this would be it now that I see that image.

And I would suggest you use the settings here for 2x2GB >>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
          CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
          CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
          CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
          C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
          DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
          Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
          Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
          Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

Start with the higher settings below, tweak one at a time lower testing with each move for errors.

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
          Rank Write to READ Delay________3-6 (9-11)
          Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6 (11-14)
          Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-62
          Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
          Static tRead Value_______________ 7-12
          Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
          DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.100V] = 1.9 Check system health page and be sure ram is 1.9 after setting this, if not adjust it so that it is closest to 1.9

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] << For stability
          FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] << For stability
          (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V -0.2V] << may need more, may need less. And you may have only .1 decimal places to move and not .15's so you may only be able to use .1, or .2, or .3 if I remember right. I would start with .2, it may need .3 but I doubt it

CPU Voltage Control_______ [Auto or Normal]

As for flashing and revision # you need info about, here is more info with a image >>>
          GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life

*EDIT*

Seems Gigabyte is always messing with/updating their site, works one second and not the next, so here is google cache of the above page >>>
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X