GA-EP35-DS3L Max Mem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3L Max Mem

I'm considering hopping my system over to Windows Vista x64 and pushing my system to 8 GB DDR2 1066, but I'm unsure about one thing...

I work for a CompUSA store, and with some of the P35 boards I've been working with, I've seen them working improperly with even 6 gigs, completely ignoring dedicated vram (frame buffer) on ATI Radeon HD 38xx and 48xx series cards. It's a select few models from a select few brands (ASUS, Intel), and I want to ensure that if I run up to 8 gigs, I'll be able to run an ATI Radeon 4870 X2 on the board as well.

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L Max Mem

Not quite sure ma man!

I do know ALOT of users who are not very knowledgeable (No Offense to anyone) have issues with 4GB and 8GB on ANY brand board. It does take some tweaking for 8GB on most any board and if you do not know the BIOS/BIOS's very well you may have to spend some time getting it to run stable. So it is not so much the boards limitations, but user interaction and settings that most often make people feel something does not work.

As for your issue with 8GB and that card, I have not directly seen any issues about any card and X amount of ram. But sounds like you maybe have?

I do know you may already have issue running 8GB at 1066 without making things kinda loose. But I really dont know what to tell you.

Maybe someone will chime in with a more direct answer for ya

Comment

Well, when it comes down to direct tweaking I'm pretty solid at it, but I'm unsure if I want to go that far to get more memory, especially when I'm running XP Pro anyway. I might slap in 3-4 total just for kicks, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Yeah, I think anymore then 4 is overkill even with Vista, For now anyway

Comment

Working...
        X