X48-DQ6 RAID0 Drop out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X48-DQ6 RAID0 Drop out

I just finished building my new PC with a Gigabyte X88-DQ6 mainboard. Connected my 2x 750GB up to the purple SATA ports, set up RAID0 on the Gigabyte raid controller. Installed Vista Prem 64 bit, connected my other 4x750gb's to the yellow SATA, all sweet, running fine. I just recently had to reset BIOS to optimized default settings, and now the RAID is not seen unless I unplug the 4 750G SATA's in the yellow sockets. BIOS doesnt even see the 2 drives being there. But as soon as the additional drives are unplugged, boots into Vista perfectly. I put all the BIOS setting back to how they were when it was working. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Re: X48-DQ6 RAID0 Drop out

Can you post me a image of that page, or just write out the settings you are using so I can see if they are correct.

Be carefull when you load optimized to make disk changes before you try to load windows again. Just a FYI for next time

Also, did you flash to a Beta BIOS by chance?

Comment

Hi
      I will do when i get home. I tried to flash 2 a new BIOS (theres only 2 BIOS files on the website) off a USB flash, but it saw the file but told me it update was unsuccessful. Should I try to flash with the older BIOS update?

Comment

All depends, did you extract the BIOS .Fxx file out of the .exe you downloaded first? If so I would try again

Be sure you get it here >>>
        GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-X48-DQ6

Ya, I do only see two as well, and a Beta, which you could try if you would like. But I would try to reflash the newer non beta one again. Or just do a load optimized again, reboot back to BIOS, make your disks changes and then reboot and load windows.

Dont forget to post me your settings or a image of them if you dont get anywhere with this. I will be back later tonight.

Good luck with things until then

Comment

I just recently had to reset BIOS to optimized default settings, and now the RAID is not seen unless I unplug the 4 750G SATA's in the yellow sockets. BIOS doesnt even see the 2 drives being there. But as soon as the additional drives are unplugged, boots into Vista perfectly. I put all the BIOS setting back to how they were when it was working. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
          Maybe a daft question , but did you change the access mode of the gigabyte controller back to raid in bios ?
          Gigabyte X48T DQ6, E8400, 2GB CellShock DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz, 8800 GTS, 4x80Gb Matrix Raid + 2x 500gb , Lian V2000+, wter cooling

Comment

It is the middle Settings in the Integrated Peripherals Page, as shown here to proper RAID settings (I use it for my OS RAID) See image >>>

If you mean Change, like change from IDE to AHCI or RAID you just scroll/arrow down to it and hit + or - on the number keypad

Comment

Working...
            X