Pc lockups bios cause ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc lockups bios cause ???

Hi all have had the p45 ds5 since release and have tried all the bio's since it was released only the F6 bios gives me a stable system all the others cause the pc to lockup requiring a reboot. I checked the giga cpu list and it says the only bios for the Q9450 is the F6 so is this why i get lockups with all the other bio's ?. If that is the case does anyone know if gigabyte are going to do anymore bio's for the Q9450 ?? thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Pc lockups bios cause ???

If Q9450 is only supported by F6 that is the one you will have to use to be stable

There may and surely will be future BIOS's though.

Why do you have a issue with F6?

Comment

I don't have an issue with F6 but the latest F11 says it sorts out memory overclocking and that is all that is holding me at 3.2 at the minute. I just wanted to know if the lockups when using newer bio's were down to not supporting the Q9450 so i would then know not to try them unless they state support for the cpu.

Comment

Ahh, well in that case you will be fine.

Sorry I did not look that day when I replied but if your board has BIOS's up to F11, then you may use any between F6 or F11. So I would test it if I were you.

If you do need help with your overclock feel free to ask, and I can help with settings

Comment

Thanks for that just read legion review that showed no real improvement in performance in games much over 3.2 so think i have without knowing it found my sweetspot :).

Comment

Sounds good, and it is a bonus anyway as your temps will stay low that way as well!

Comment

Working...
            X