Ga-945gcm-sl2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-945gcm-sl2

Hi all noobie here ok i got this motherboard & put all togther & seemed fine now i booted to install vista but when i got there it only showed my new samsung spinpoint f1 1tb HDD as 8gb & thought maybe bioa update.
    so i flashed with the newsest think its called f7 (didnt want the beta)

But HDD is still only just over 8gb now i took that HDD fitted it to my other pc with asus board that works with my other f1 but now i cant do anything i cant partition it or format it .

i would have said that its a fault with the drive but after i googled it there seems to be a fair few people with the same problems (especially with 1tb drives).

any & all advice welcome please.

Re: Ga-945gcm-sl2

Do you have a LBA Setting in your BIOS

Let me grab your Manual real quick and see.

Will post back in one sec, just incase you are reading this and waiting

Comment

Re: Ga-945gcm-sl2

Ok, first please check on the back of your drive for a jumper. This does not matter in helping you with your direct issue, but just want to mention this as well as it will slow your drive to SATA I (1.5GB/s) if you do not do this. Please look, and remove the Jumper if you drive shipped with one on it. It will be very small, not like older IDE or Optical jumpers. You may need to get a needle or something small to get it out if there is one there. Some drives ship with them, some do not. So always best to check any new SATA drive you buy

OK

I found this in your Manual for IDE/SATA drives >>>

IDE Channel 0 Master/Slave

IDE HDD Auto-Detection Press "Enter" to select this option for automatic device detection.

IDE Channel 0 Master/Slave
      IDE devices setup. You can use one of three methods:

• Auto Allows BIOS to automatically detect IDE/SATA devices during POST. (Default
      value)

• None Select this if no IDE/SATA devices are used and the system will skip the
      automatic detection step and allow for faster system start up.

• Manual User can manually input the correct settings.

Access Mode Use this to set the access mode for the hard drive. The four options are:
      CHS/LBA/Large/Auto(default:Auto)

Capacity Capacity of correctly installed hard drive.
      You should set this to Manual and choose LBA, or if that does not work set to Capacity and see if that helps. But I would think LBA would work just fine

Comment

Working...
      X