Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d aurora

Hi,

Does anyone here have this case (its not the new 570 version)
    If so, can u fit a modern graphics card like a GTX 260 or GTX 280 in it?
    I've read conflicting versions on wherther one can fit inside and would like to hear first hand from an owner that has a big graphics card installed.

Cheers,

Al

Re: 3d aurora

Likely depends on the exact card measurements. Have you looked up the comments about it at newegg at all? I'd start looking there first.

If you want I will see what I can find tonight when I get back

Comment

Cheers 4 d reply lsd I checked newegg and they only have the new 3d aurora 570 :(
      This review says it won't fit

This other review says its a tight sqeeze but it fits (see customer reviews)

Either someone is lyin or the first reviewer just didn't try hard enough!

Comment

Hmm, yeah not sure who to believe then! I do know if you have a dremmel then you can cut part of the case if it is indeed in the way.

So, I would not be sure what to suggest. Other then if you want to be absolutely sure you could either email Gigabyte and ask, or pick a different case..... best thing I can suggest.

I do see a image showing a 260 against the case here, and he says he would have to bend or cut the case >>>
        My GTX 260 just arrived... - HEXUS.community discussion forums

I also see mentioned down a bit (By Techpower) in this post the 260 will not fit without some modding >>>
        N00b needs new system - help? - Building - PC Hardware

Comment

Thanks 4 those links lsd, they're a big help

Comment

Yeap, hope they help you in deciding. Good luck in choosing as well.

If you live in the US or CA, shop at newegg and then if it does not fit, your RMA will be painless!

Comment

Working...
            X