Dynamic Energy Saver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Energy Saver

Have a GA-EX38-DS4 Mobo.When windows starts it tells me to enable CIE & EIST in CMOS.These are enabled.This feature used to work but I've been fiddling about OC & disabled these items but have since enabled them.Have unistalled & reinstalled the software but still the same.
    Any ideas??

Re: Dynamic Energy Saver

So, do you want to use DES or not? If not, Please fully uninstall it, and then go in your All Programs folder in the C drive and delete the folder >>>

Code:
    Root:\Program Files\GIGABYTE\EnergySaver
    Then reboot and see if you still see it. If you do you are going to have to remove the startup item from the registry or startup lists. There is SEVERAL ways to do that, but I would suggest this to you as it is the easiest >>>

Install that, and start it. The icon to start it will be Startupcpl in your control panel (Classic View)

Then once you have it open, you will have to find and disable or delete the gsrv.exe item

If you cannot find that, or are not sure you will have to post images of each tab for me here so I can point it out to you.

You can also do the same, or similar, with Windows Defender if you have it installed. Open it and click on Tools, Software Explorer then in the startup programs from the drop out tab (Default) Scroll down until you find it there and disable or remove

If you are trying to keep this items running, and have C1E, EIST and TM2 enabled then you will have to fully uninstall and reinstall it again AT STOCK speeds. It will not work properly at anything over stock (Or what it thinks is stock, which is what speed you were running when you installed it)

If you have many issues still I would advise a REAL uninstall program. I do not uninstall ANYTHING without one as all normal uninstallers leave junk in the registry and everywhere else. Good ones are "Your Uninstaller 2008" and "Total Uninstaller"

The trial of Your Uninstaller I believe will let you uninstall some things, so if you keep having issues and need the link for that let me know

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Think I will just uninstall it.The pop up box on start up is annoying me,and it doesn't really save much.
      My E8400 was running at 4.05Mhz when I uninstalled/reinstalled.Didn't realise you could only do it at stock (as the original install was off the driver CD)

Comment

Yeah, really! I have saw tests where it only showed to save a few $$ a year. So pretty useless especially if you want to overclock anyway

Comment

Working...
        X