EP35-DS3L with e5200 and F4 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35-DS3L with e5200 and F4 bios

Hi, I just bought Ep35-ds3l and e5200 this week, and I was wondering If i should update the Bios to F6a (beta) or wait for lastest stable F6 bios. The current Bios is F4, but e5200 is supported by F6a(beta).

win XP-sp3 (fresh install)
    MB: EP35-DS3L
    CPU: E5200 2.5ghz
    Cosair 650TX 650w
    OCZ gold 2gbz DDR2-800 OCZ2G8002GK
    GPU: XFX 9800GT

Any help/advice is appreciated, thank you.

Re: EP35-DS3L with e5200 and F4 bios

Unless you are having specific problems that you think the new BIOS will address, I wouldn't risk the flash, especially not to a beta BIOS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...this definitely applies to BIOS updates, at least with these sensitive Gigabyte boards.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

Wait for a stable, or do not flash at all. BIOS flash is a risky thing, and only suggested if you see a update that addresses a specific issue you are having, or you are many behind.

You will not be able to even update it unless you have a compatible CPU if the one in it now is Unsupported with the E5200. But some do work whether they are listed as supported or not. I see you mention you know what BIOS it has, so I assume you have a different CPU in it now then right? If not how do you know?

I do see what you mean though, I would try with F5 if you have 2 CPU's and if it dont work then you will have to flash to the beta, or wait it out

Comment

I have only 1 cpu: e5200 and it does in fact works with F4 bios without a problem. Reason why I wanted to update to the supported e5200 Bios (F6a), is because I am planning to Overclock, and I assumed F4 bios will limit it overclocking ability. But from what you guys are saying... I think i'll leave the bios alone.

Thank you for the advices, I appreciated.

Comment

Well, Ya leave it alone or flash to F5 then since it is non beta. See my pinned Flashing Guide at the top of this forum section if you are worried. There is MANY Methods to flash with

You will be fine as long as you get the correct BIOS for your board model, revision. And DO NOT USE @BIOS

Comment

Well, Ya leave it alone or flash to F5 then since it is non beta. See my pinned Flashing Guide at the top of this forum section if you are worried. There is MANY Methods to flash with

You will be fine as long as you get the correct BIOS for your board model, revision. And DO NOT USE @BIOS

Comment

F5 bios sounds like a good idea, and think i'll try to OC with F4 first and if there is any problems. I'll go for F5 using Q-flash like in your guide.

Comment

Ya, I would see how F4 is first. And be sure you are not getting errors based on settings and think it is because of the BIOS and flash for no reason, as you may not like F5 either.

Good luck and post back if you need some help with settings

Comment

Would love to know how his overclocking went with the F4 bios as I now own the same hardware...

Comment

Did you try to PM him so he would get a email notification of your PM? If no, you might want to as most members get some answers and leave once things are fixed up or they find the info they needed

Comment

Working...
                    X