Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EG45M-DS2H, Standard/Turbo/Extreme vs. SPD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EG45M-DS2H, Standard/Turbo/Extreme vs. SPD?

Hi

The EG45M-DS2H manual doesn't say what the Standard, Turbo, and Extreme memory settings change.

CPU-Z says my memory has Jedec #1, Jedec #2, EPP #1, and EPP #2.

Everest says my memory has two sets of timings, and two performance profiles.

What is the relationship between the Standard, Turbo, and Extreme memory setting, and the various memory SPD profiles?

P.

Re: EG45M-DS2H, Standard/Turbo/Extreme vs. SPD?

That setting automatically adjusts Static tRead Value (tRD or Performance Level), which you may or may not have in your BIOS.

If you plan to overclock or manually enter your timings you need to set that to standard.

The SPD profiles will be set if you manually set the correct DDR2 voltages and put the rest in AUTO. They are for Nvidia Board and Intel boards with XMP to automatically set the settings per what is programmed into the SPD profiles. Auto sometimes can get it as long as you set the voltage manually to the specified amount.

Or you can manually set them yourself, since you can see the SPD in everest. Write them down and manually set.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Anytime!

Post back please if you do need more help with things, I am always here to help when I can

Comment

I have the P35-DS3L board and have noticed as long as the the board is not overclocked or at most about 10% Turbo can be used. I also noticed at the Extreme setting the memory voltage was raised too. I can run my memory at a stock 1.872 volts and it was raised to 2.0 volts.

Comment

Working...
          X