GA-EP45-DS3R help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-DS3R help pls

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but I definitely need some help with my new ga-ep45 ds3r. I have a very similar configuration to the original poster - intel 8400 wolfdale, radeon 4850, 4gb kingston memory, a samsung sata dvd disk drive, seagate barracuda 320gb. Everything is working okay but I can't get the operating system to install. I have updated the bios to version F10g and tried getting the drivers off the gigabyte disk and installing them before doing an os install. But every time it gets to a certain point (after selecting the hdd and format type, quick or regular) an error message comes up saying the 'setup is unable to format the partition'. And native sata is enabled, raid is disabled. Have tried with the speed limiting jumper on and off. Am I using the wrong drivers? I've tried a handful already with no luck. Or could my hdd be doa? I've never had such a hard time installing the os. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, updating the bios was a piece of cake. Just go to gigabyte website, select mobo model and latest bios, download, format a floppy, unpack the files on the floppy, and (with this board) use the qflash utillity.
    Last edited by littledipper; 09-14-2008, 06:37 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Re: GA-EP45-DS3R help pls

Well Jumper should be off for starters. Second, what drive is it exactly, Model # I mean. Some drivers HAVE to be formatted/setup for first use with the manufacturers tools.

Here is the seagate tool you would want to use to setup the disk for first use if you can indeed stick it into another PC >>>
      Seagate Technology - DiscWizard

Install that into your other PC and shut down, then put in the new drive and choose Setup new disk, For Boot OS drive and it should find and format the drive and set/label it active

You should be using this driver >>>
      GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

What system are you trying to install? Please be sure either way to choose Full Format.

For a NON raid you want your settings like this >>>

For RAID settings should be, as it sounds like you have them>>>
      SATA RAID/AHCI Mode ..... Disabled
      SATA Port0-3 Native Mode .........Enabled

Yes, that drive could be DOA, it happens. Do you have another system to test it in? If so great, as you can whether needed or not put it in that system and set it up with the correct Manufacturer tool above and then try to install. That would be easiest and best

Comment

Working...
      X