EP45-DS4 odd BIOS behaviour !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-DS4 odd BIOS behaviour !!

Nice to see you have had such good luck!

Seems to me you have plenty of room to still be within spec >>
    CPU Vcore….……….........................: 1.34375 CPU-Z shows 1.31 <<< .05 still available to reach 1.36

I am not sure what you meant by the **'s on this >>>
    tWTR.......................................... 4 **
    tWR............................................ 4 **
    tRFC........................................... 40
    tRTP........................................... 3 **

But if you will raise them up abit you can likely maybe still get 5-5-5, but sounds like you know what you are doing so Maybe not.

trd can't get any lower then 9?

Thanks, Motherboard is running great! Havent had time to get in and do any testing or tweaking yet, but I will soon!

Comment

Hello LSD...it was not only luck, I stay late at night learning and testing for several days...!!

Well I left a note under the parameters marked with ** because it seems that there is an error in the values that BIOS shows for this parameters (they are different from the values shown by MemSet):

Advanced Timing Control
      tRRD........................................... 4
      tWTR.......................................... 4**
      tWR............................................ 4 **
      tRFC........................................... 40
      tRTP........................................... 3 **
      Command Rate (CMD) ....................: 2

NOTE: The values shown in the BIOS for tWTR and tWR are not actually the real values. MemSet show this to be BIOS+8=12, the same happens with tRTP but in this case the real value is BIOS+2=5.
      This was very confusing to me and was difficult to get aware of.
      BIOS version is F6

You are right, I can move Vcore a little higher still... I will try again when I have some time to spend at it. Minimum tRD for board stable is 8.

I am not sure which is better of this two alternatives:
      1- Use FSB 400MHz with 3.2 multiplier to get the memory at 1280 MHz (a little overclock because the memory is DDR21200) and timings 5-6-5-18 or...
      2 - Use a lower multiplier to get mem freq. under 1200MHz so I can use timings 5-5-5-18.May be I will test both alternatives and compare memory benchmarks with Everest.

What do you think?

Comment

Ahh, ya sounds like you need to read the Memory guide I posted. Those twtr and twr can vary, from 5-7 or so this ir normal.

trtp should be what you set, are you sure you are not getting the RED Box warning when you go into MIT section? If so, then your settings are not being used

Yap, best to bench both ways a few times and see which is better

Comment

Working...
        X