Clear All

Re: Ga-x48-dq6 ??issue

this is it !""!!!"!
    And i lookt there are no jumpers on the Raptor disc and Maxors discs
    i hope you kan help many thanks to you for the help you given me
    Demuz

Comment

OK first I see in "Advanced BIOS Features" page C1E and EIST (Speedstep) are enabled, which will slow your CPU to half or slower speeds, which is likely not on your other machine.

And in your other machine do you have a raptor? If not that is also why it is probably faster. Raptors only operate at SATA I which is half the speed of your other SATA II disks. Sure they have a faster Spindle rate, but with half the data transfer rate, and half the Cache/buffer Memory it will be much slower.

I would only use Raptors in a RAID setup, with a External RAID card. If I did not have that I would be using one of your 250GB disks for my OS and game installs. It will be much faster

I also see you have on that same page you have PCI selected as first boot device, which should be PEG for the first PCI-E Slot

Also, are you using VISTA? If not you need to disable HPET Support in the "Power Management Setup" page

And As I said Before, Static tRead is not going to work set to 6 at 1066 speeds and be stable, but that should not affect your games loading so much but it will cause DATA errors which can I suppose cause sluggishness. But most likely just DATA loss or BSOD's later on

I wish I could help more, but In My Opinion you should reinstall everything using your 2 x 250GB disks as a RAID 0 and use your Raptor as backup. Or reinstall everything on one 25GB disk and use the other as backup

Good luck with it all, let me know if you need anything else. But yeah I think that is why you have slow load times... If you are using your slower SATA I Raptor For your system, your 250GB disks are much faster

Comment

same wd Raptor in both system ?

Comment

Hmmm, well that is strange. You did not move the install from the older system to the new one did you? I mean you did do a clean install on the new board right?

Do you maybe have your game installed on the 250GB, but your system on the raptor? And that is different from the other system

Comment

New instal of xp pro, game on raptor same as os
            Last edited by DEMUZ; 09-10-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Hmm very strange for sure.

I would still say it will be faster on your 250GB's but it should not be slower then your other setup with both using a raptor.

I am not sure what to tell you other then what I have. If you have made those changes then you should be all setup properly

Have you defragged your disk and ran disk cleanup lately?

Comment

i did a fresch instal yasterday

Comment

i did a benchmark on all discs the raptor was mutch faster then my maxtors
                  does it matter,sata on the bord intel red or yellow sata connectors any diffrens bethwen them?

And how do i know if it runs in sata mode?
                  Last edited by DEMUZ; 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

They will run in SATA mode always, unless you choose AHCI or RAID.

Yes, the ports colors are for 2 different controllers. The yellow ones are for the Intel Controller, and they use the Top most settings for disks in the Advanced BIOS page

And they Purple ports are for the Gigabyte SATAII/J.Micron Controller, and the settings for it are in the Middle of the Advanced BIOS page

The only differences aside from it being 2 different controllers is the BIOS settings area, and that you would need to use different drivers for each for AHCI or RAID.

Please post some images of your benchmarks. Also, please do them again with this program if it is not what you originally used, I'd like to see the results >>>
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-10-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X