Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EX38-DS4: Where to get latest Intel X38 inf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX38-DS4: Where to get latest Intel X38 inf?

lsdmeasap - thanks your previous help with the Gigabyte 8800GT GPU board issues.

You mentioned installing the latest x38 inf.

My system has:
    Intel X38 Express Chipset
    driver version: 8.3.1.1003
    driver date: 01/05/2007

Gigabyte driver site never changes from:
    download dated: 15/02/2007
    driver version: 8.3.1.1011
    driver date: 12/12/2007 (when you look 'inside').

Having visited Intel's site I can't find anything. When I go through the routine, I get a message along the line that the X38 chipset is no longer supported for drivers??

Can you advise where I may obtain the latest - or PM me if you have time, and maybe we can make some arrangment to transfer the file?

Cheers!

PS - avoid confusion if you are from USA. My date format for drivers as above is Day/Month/Year (bloody Americans, if you are - lol)
    Last edited by Serotonin; 09-03-2008, 06:05 AM. Reason: more info re dates

Re: GA-EX38-DS4: Where to get latest Intel X38 inf?

Version 8.4.0.1013

Download Intel Chipset Installation Driver 8.4.0.1013 WHQL Driver for Windows Vista - Softpedia

I have been told intel stopped listing them on the site, and users are to get them from the motherboard manufacturers. But I do see the error you did or didnt? mention that Intel gives when you choose vista but somedays it is there, and other days I can download. Next time I catch it I will PM you the file, I just havent grabbed one for a while

This is the latest, but it messed up my system for some reason >>>

From here

All system supported but Killed my themes! Ahhh Vista!

I'd use the first one I linked until I find a normal day to get one from the main site below

Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Comment

Working...
    X