Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade quetions.

Re: Upgrade quetions.

That is a good choice for a budget board. Or you could likely get a P35 NON budget board for a similar price. Great CPU Choice, you most likely wont get to choose when it comes to the CPU Stepping, but if you do get a C0

As for ram, What brand is that, is it kingston? If so you should be fine with that, as for getting newer faster ram. I would say if 6400 is more affordable to you get that as there is not that much difference. If you can get Mushkin or G.Skill I would suggest those brands. Kingston will work as well

Comment

Comment

Ya, I looked it up after asking, but forgot to edit what I had already wrote

You would be fine with a PCI-E 2.0 card in a PCI-E 16x board, the PCI-E 16x cards do not even fill the available bandwidth on the 16x Bus, and the New PCI-E 2.0 cards do not come close to filling it either, on either new or old boards. It is just for future speeds to be able to have room, no card fills the available bandwidth on either type so you would be fine in getting a P35. PCI-E 2.0 is backwards compatible, both ways (Board Slots/cards themselves in slots)

All P35/P45 boards will support FAR Faster ram that what is stated, or what ram will even do today. If a certain board says DDR2 1200 that just means the company tested it with that, it will support FAR faster ram. All hype you could say. Main point in that is, if you had some 1400MHz ram (For example) a P35 board that says it supports 1066 ram it would run the 1400 as well.

If you I did not make the above clear let me kow and I will try to explain both parts again. Main thing I was trying to say it P35 boards will support faster ram then what is sold today, and will also support your GFX card as well. Both just as fast as a P43/45 board. Basically just trying to save you some $$ since you said P43 was $300 where you live! $120 here!

But yeah, the P43/45 chipset may be a little faster then P35, but when you are getting the budget P43 chip because you thought you need the board to support Faster ram and your GFX card when you could really get a P35 for less then you would be loosing out in the end

So, my suggestion to you for the money is to get a NON Budget P35, over a Budget P45 (Which is the P43) it will support what you have and plenty of room for future upgrades, and you would have money left over for other things. Like your ram choice

But it is all up to you and your cash, I want a P45 as well. But both are in the same $$ ranges here so ot much concern on my part

Good luck in deciding, I know it is hard so I just thought I would drop in my two cents for you to think over. Hopefully someone else will chime in as well

Comment

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
          I will study the P35 boards and see which one suit me best.<o:p></o:p>
          <o:p></o:p>
          <o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>
          As always I thank you for the incredible support.

Comment

NO, it will be just as fast in either board, and LGA775 is about to be replaced anyway soon. So no need to buy Expensive now when you may want a LGA1366 Socket board in a year from now

Good luck in deciding, and no problem I am here to help anytime you need it.

Comment

Working...
            X