GA-EP35C-DS3R cpu voltage wont stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35C-DS3R cpu voltage wont stick

I'm trying to overclock my ga-ep35c-ds3r +e8400. my bios is f3. When i try to change my cpu voltage from stock to anything else, the settings save in the MIT screen, however they never actually take place. Voltage is stuck at 1.225, which is ruining my overclock :(

Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R cpu voltage wont stick

When you save and apply and reboot do you get a double or triple boot? Which

Do you have EIST and C1E disabled?

Please post full specs, and what you are trying to run >>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Comment

Sorry for the really late response, been busy with school.

Do you have EIST and C1E disabled? No idea what that is, i dont use the energy saver thing tho.

Specs:
      Processor: intel e8400
      Videocard: geforce 9800gtx
      Memory: 2X2GB gskill 1000 pc2 8000
      Hard Drive: segate 500gb
      PSU: ocz gamexstreme 700w
      motherboard: gigabyte ga-ep35c-ds3r

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
      CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [420]
      System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.40]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15
      ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3
      Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3
      Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6
      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52
      Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3
      Static tRead Value_______________ 7
      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 25

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
      CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.30]

However, my CPU volt is stuck at 1.225

Comment

Ok, please read my Overclocking Guide as it will explain some things you need to know to overclock!

EIST and C1E are Speedstep, which you need off to overclock. You will find them in the Advanced BIOS page

Once you disable those you will have much more luck, and your CPU mutliplier and Voltage will not drop so much

Try this, once you disable those settings >>>>

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
        CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [420]
        System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.40]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
        Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
        Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
        Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
        Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6 (Benchmark 9-11 last if you like, does not affect stability)

Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6
        Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 48-50 (%2-62)
        Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
        Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
        Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 25 << Fix this, Please ALWAYS Set to Zero, 1-31, or Auto

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] << may need +0.15 or +0.2
        CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.30] << may need more, only you and your CPU can decide. You may need 1.35 or more depending on boards Vdroop, and your chip. I always set high so I know for sure it is not the Voltage causing errors, then come back and lower later. Lowering until it fails to boot, then bring back up a notch or two

Comment

Disabling those two settings make it so that my voltage finally changes. However, now i cant get the CPU to overclock at any setting, it just reboots twice and goes to default settings...

i was overclocking better when i had it stuck at 1.225 volts.

Comment

Rebooting twice is normal, Three times is to defaults.

Sounds like you need more cpu voltage. I cannot really advise for sure since you did not post what settings are failing for you

Comment

Before I disabled EIST and C1E I could overclock to 3.78ghz very easily with my voltage stuck at 1.225.

Currently my voltage is reading 1.30 and i cant even overclock it to 3.6ghz. It boots twice, and on the second boot it resets back to default settings on all of my overclock stuff except voltages.

I've even tried moving my voltage up to 1.36, but i still can never get it to boot with those settings, always resets to defaults on the second boot up.

Comment

Well it should have to triple boot to revert to default.

Sounds like maybe a BIOS issue, did you load and save optimized defaults when you flashed to F3? If so, you may want to try F2 instead >>>
                GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1)

If you do, and you are using RAID be sure after you load optimized defaults, save and apply, reboot that you reboot BACK into the BIOS and make your disks changes. If you try to load windows without doing so you may corrupt your RAID Array

That is what I would do for a stuck voltage. Flash either F2 or F3 again

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Well it should have to triple boot to revert to default.

Sounds like maybe a BIOS issue, did you load and save optimized defaults when you flashed to F3? If so, you may want to try F2 instead >>>
                  I didnt load and save defaults when i flashed to F3. I don't have RAID either.

My voltage is no longer stuck now that i turned off EIST and C1E, but i cant get my comp to boot with any overclock settings other than default with those 2 things off.

With them on, i can get to 3.78ghz OC'd from 3.00ghz, its fairly stable, but not perfect since its then stuck at 1.225 volts.

Comment

Ok, i think i figured it out. For whatever reason my memory 5-5-5-15 settings dont like taking off those EIST etc settings, but if i leave it on auto it boots up properly. So i need to mess around with those settings it appears, looser timings now :(

Comment

YOU MUST Load and Save optimized defaults and reboot, otherwise the flash is not properly and fully loaded.

So please do it now and start over with your settings.

Sounds like you are not giving enough volts to your CPU then, I would have to see what you are trying that fails to answer you for sure

Comment

I flashed to f3 bios, loaded opt defaults. And now i can't get my system to boot with anything other than the default settings.

I've tried turning my volts all the way up to 1.45(going in small increments), ive tried lowering my memory to 800, when its rated at 1000. I've tried lowering my memory timings to 6-6-6-17...

I've tried putting all settings on auto except voltages, and then raising my cpu clock speed from default 3ghz to a measley 3.2ghz and it wouldnt boot.

Before i reflashed f3 and loaded opt defaults, i could get my cpu to over 4ghz from 3ghz, but i had to slow down my memory timings...now i cant raise it above 3ghz no matter what i do :(

Comment

I've flahsed to f4a bios, and now i just flashed it to f2 bios.

This is what is happening currently: i load opt defaults. I turn disable all of the proper settings according to overclocking guide thru BIOS. The compuer boots up fine.

I go to MIT settings, all i do is turn my cpu fsb to manual instead of auto. I change no settings. The computer no longer boots.

I go back into MIT, i add voltage to my memory, +.1 to everything, and raise my vcore to 1.35. I leave cpu fsb to auto. Computer boots up.

I go back into MIT, i turn cpu fsb from auto back onto manual, but i once again dont change the settings, keep it at 333. Computer no longer boots.

Wtf is going on? This exact problem happens on f2, f3, f4a bios. It wasn't happening before you told me to reflash f3 and load opt defaults.

Comment

Another update: i cleared my CMOS. Problem still persists. The computer won't even boot up if i turn my Pcie-express from auto to 100.

Comment

What settings are you using fully? If Auto, that is why. A few things must be set for 2x2GB, aside from voltages, Which you may need more of. Please try some FULL manual settings, and post for me what fails for you so I can see your voltages you try, and full timings

Do you have legacy USB storage detect disabled again? If not be sure to go disable it, and unhook and external USB devices

Comment

Working...
                              X