P35-ds3p rev 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-ds3p rev 1

Hello hope someone can help, I have a P35-DS3P rev 1 Iam looking to buy a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cpu cooler can anybody tell me if it will fit ok as there is a large copper heat sink between the cpu & the pci xpress slot, has anyone esle got one fitted?

Re: P35-ds3p rev 1

Well for starters you would want your Fan to be blowing out the back of your case. Just thought I would say that as I was not sure if you meant between CPU and PCI because of fan or not.

But yes, if fits here is Image someone posted for a similar persons question. They asked about the NB heatsink and the ram slots >>>

Also asked and answered here >>>
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 auf GA-P35-DS3 Rev 1.0 - ForumBase

You will be fine, dont forget your Thermalright Bolt Thru kit

Comment

That image is clearly of an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is a bit larger. The 7 Pro has a 92mm fan and the 1283 seems to come with a 120mm fan.

Arctic Cooling

XIGMATEK

Comment

The translation I got from the German was:

The heatsink covers roughly a quarter of the North Bridge cooler, but I believe that the cooling of the chipset on the basis of airflow through the Xigmatek fan is better than the Intel Boxed cooler.
        Covering part of the N.B. makes sense as the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 is a bit larger than the AC Freezer 7 Pro.

Comment

Just my personal opinion.
          I didn't like the Xigmatek Heat-pipe Direct Touch technology. Basically in the new 45nm Intel processors, the heat generation is strongly centered (direction depends of # of cores and see Artic Silver 5 pictures below).
          So, basically only the centered copper pipe will do all the work since the other two, at the left and right, will get only some portion of the heat badly conduced laterally by the tiny stainless-steel CPU top plate.
          Worst yet, if incorrectly positioned, with a 90 degrees shift, the transfer will be ever worst.
          So, again, IMMO, Xigmantek used the most cheaper way to make a CPU cooler and not the more efficient one. There are better cooler options in the market for sure.

Dual-core:

Quad-core:

GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
          i5-4690K + Corsair H90
          Sapphire Radeon R7 240
          16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
          Corsair CX750M
          Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

YA, After I posted that I seen the actual comparison of the two. Originally I thought the user had just put that fan on their because the direct comment was a answer to the same as above saying "Yes it fits, see image here"

But then yes, I translated that German page, so that is why I also posted it as well.

Yeap, Thermalright Ultra 120 would be a better choice

Comment

Thanks for the replies please have a look at the attached photo this is the heatsink on a P35-DS3P.
              The 1st photo shows a heatsink on a P35-DS3 not the P version
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ades View Post
                Thanks for the replies please have a look at the attached photo this is the heatsink on a P35-DS3P.
                The 1st photo shows a heatsink on a P35-DS3 not the P version
                If you already have the board you could measure it. Keep posting in forums until someone with the P version speaks up or read alot of the Newegg reviews to see if anyone posted a review with the P version.

That NB heatsink seems so high that you may have to buy a cooler with a stock width of the Intel cooler. If you do have to measure be careful as some measurments posted of HxWxD are mixed up. Make sure it makes sense before you buy.

Comment

That is a DQ6 model heatsink above, yours is a small square

DS3 and DS3P are the same heatsink just so you know

Comment

Well here is an image but it won't help any.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Comment

Here is confirmation that its a P35-DS3P not a DQ6
                      Attached Files

Comment

That newegg image is the correct heatsink type for DS3 and DS3P, both are small squares. The last one you posted is either a test board someone was using, or they put a DQ6 heatsink on their board.

All the lesser then DQ6 GA boards have the smaller square heatsinks, design may vary but all similar size. See all versions of P35-DS3P here, small heatsinks >>>

You will be fine with the heatsink in question, I see it used in many signatures in posts by users with your board while googling your question

Comment

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P35-DS3P (rev. 1.0)

If you look under this link it shows the one that i have, I think it was only available for a short time and might only have been released in the UK.

Comment

Ahh yeah, that may be. Looks like they added half the heatpipe, looks pretty silly/cheap that way

Maybe you should remove it, get the CPU heatsink you wanted and also get a new NB heatsink as well

Comment

Thanks for your advice, I see you have a DS4 board do you any non standard heatsink for your Cpu

Comment

Working...
                              X