Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POST problem on new GA-p35-ds4.

Specs all brand new and just built.

Q9550 stock fan (which wont fit in completely right but temps ok and its running)
    4GB Geil
    GA-p35-ds4
    1TB Samsung HD
    4780x2
    Enermax 850W PSU
    Vista 64 (when i get that far)

Hey guys got a problem here and just cant seem to sort it. Built this system today and its all good and working fine except when i go to boot up the PC it goes through the splash screen, hits the DMI check and says its successfull then just hangs.

I rang overclockers for help as thats where i got my gear from and they think its my hard drive thats faulty. When i disconnect it it goes further and says there is no Harddrive or boot disk. Just wondered what you guys thought, tried cmos clear, swithed off and reset bios but to no avail.

Really wanted this up and running tonight but looks like ill have to wait another week for the new HD now.

Anyway thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Han.

Re: POST problem on new GA-p35-ds4.

Stock fan, did you have pushpin issues? If so you should try again, because using it partially installed will kill your CPU for sure

Have you tried to start the system with only 1 stick of ram in slot one?

Yes it does sound to me like a Drive issue as well since it makes it past everything BIOS related. Be sure your disk is plugged in snug. Can you test this disk on another system?

Do you already have a OS installed on the disk or not? If not and this is what you are trying to do, are you sure you have the controller enabled for which slot you have the disk plugged into? The Top disk settings in Advanced BIOS page is for the Intel ICH9R (Yellow Ports) controller and the Middle settings in Advanced BIOS page is for the Gigabyte/J.Micron (Purple Ports) Controller

Comment

Thanks for the reply lsdmeasap. The fan for love nor money just wont click all the way in an yep your right it is the push pins but if i push it any harder im going to snap the motherboard, they are such an awful design so im going to order another one. i have been monitoring the temps on it though and it has not gone above 40C.

Ill try rechecking all connections and the 1 stick of ram and see if that helps. The HD is completely fresh and nothing on it so far.

Anyway thanks for the advice mate ill let you know how it went.

cheers han.

Comment

Well even if temps are acceptable the CPU will not be properly seated. And may work sometimes but not others. Best to not use it at all until you either get a new heatsink (Which I hope you plan to not get a new stock one) or until you get all the push pins in

If you want, try the one stick but it would be best to not try it and wait until you have a properly mounted CPU fan. Otherwise all the pins may not be fully connected, and you could actually end up shorting the CPU

Comment

Working...
        X