Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x48t Dq6 mem settings for 1333mhz OCZ plat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x48t Dq6 mem settings for 1333mhz OCZ plat.

Well you may be able to lower some of those ram timings, but you should wait to do that until you get your cpu where you want it.

So basically ya, for now you just up FSB until it fails to boot, then you know you need a bit more voltage. Then once you are where you want to be test the ram again for a while to be sure it is still ok. If so then run orthos for a while. If it fails pretty quick you need to bump Vcore a bit more still

You likely may not even need anymore vcore until around 3.4 or 3.6. So you are good to go as for starting to overclock

Good luck, and post back if you run into issues

Comment

Well, the only thing I ran into were a couple of old skool crashes...(scratchy sound, screen freezes) Like I had before I played with the RAM settings. I upped my FSB to 348, which amounted to 3,3 ghz, but my RAM speed went up as well...to 1480 something mhz. Is that ok or do I need to "lock" the ramfrequency? If the clockspeed needs to increase, does that mean I should loosen my timings again?

Thanks,
      B

Comment

Ah, what I meant (I know now after a little research) is, should I use a different SPD after changing the FSB? (I have a number of options, A2.00, A2.40, A.3.33 A4.00 etc) Is this the same as tinkering with the mem divider or not?
        Thanks again,
        Bram

Comment

Ya, you cannot run your ram at 1408 likely stable, unless you loosen things up more. You may actually find better results performance wise using a 3.33 ram multi at 350 FSB then trying to loosen things up and run the ram that high.

So yeah, you have to adjust your memory multiplier as you increase your FSB. And really while you are trying to find your CPU speed you want you should just use the lowest Memory multi and loose settings, that way when you get errors you know it is not the ram

Comment

Hah, super. Thanks, will let you know how far I got.

Comment

Good luck, I know it can be a bit difficult to get things working perfect!

Comment

hah, well right you are. I didn't think I would get stuck so soon...

I managed to get up to 3,5 ghz using the following settings:

Robust Graphics Booster - AUTO
                CPU Clock Ratio - 9x (+fine clock 0,5 for e8500)
                CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
                xCPU Host Frequency (MHz) - 369
                PCI Express Frequency -100
                CIA 2 - DISABLED
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD) 3.33 B= mem freq 1228mhz
                DRAM timing Selectable (SPD) Manual

Performance Enhance - STANDARD

xCAS Latency Time - 7
                xDRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
                xDRAM RAS# tPrecharge - 7
                xPrecharge Delay (tRAS) - 20

********Advanced Timing Control*********
                xACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) - 4

xRank Write to Read Delay - 5

xWrite to Precharge Delay - 10

xRefresh to ACT Delay - 60
                xRead to Precharge Delay - 6

xStatic tREAD Value -7

xStatic tREAD Phase Adjust - 0 AUTO

xCommand Rate (CMD) - 2

********System Voltage Not Optimized********
                System voltage Control - MANUAL
                DDR3 Overvoltage Control - +0.30 (=1.840 under PC health)
                PCI-E Overvoltage Control - NORMAL
                FSB Overvoltage Control - + 0.1
                (G)MCH Overvoltage Control [+0.225V]
                Loadline Calibration - AUTO
                CPU Voltage Control - NORMAL
                Normal CPU VCore - 1.23500V (two notches up from default)

Everything works fine like this.
                But once I try to get to for example 3,8 ghz, by going to a fsb of 400
                (which takes my mem to its native 1333mhz on 3.33 by the way) and overvolt to 1.30Volt windows fails to boot.

Do you have any idea where this goes wrong?
                (what do I need to do with the loadline cal? And is 3.33B on 400FSB still a good idea?)

Thanks
                Bram

Comment

You may need more then 1.3 for your CPU Voltage, I would say set to 1.35 or so and then lower later.

You should also use 402 and not 400 exactly. And until you get it running I would use Static tRead of 8

You can enable loadline or put in auto, what it does is try to stabilize/lessen vdrop and vdroop. So that what you set in the BIOS for Vcore is closer to what you actually get in windows. I would say leave it disabled, and just up the voltage to the actual amount you need. Which as of now is more then 1.3 for sure, as you are likely only getting 1.28 or so with that

Check with CPU-z and see how much vdrop you have from any other voltage setting. Then you will have a better guess on what you set will actually give you in windows. You may need 1.325-1.34 actual to get 3.8, but not likely all that much. But for sure at least 1.3-1.32 actual

Comment

woa, that was fast.

It worked well too...
                    I put 1.33125V in my BIOS, CPU-Z shows a voltage of 1.328, I left the loadline calibration on Auto. I put the FSB to 401, and changed the SPD to 3.20B which gives a 1260mhz memspeed. The 3.33D option would result in 1337mhz, that might be shaky right? Tread at 8 and a clockspeed of 3,81ghz.

Cool bananas, first time overclock!

Comment

Hah,

Once I thought I got the hang of it I tried to push it to 4ghz, using a 423 FSB and 1.345V on the chip. According to Cpu-z that results in a 1.34V in windows. Let's see how this config holds up.

Once again, thanks for all the help
                      Bram

Comment

1337 would be fine if you would like to use it, and more likely you just may need to loosen ram timings a bit at some point for stability

Nice to see you are getting somewhere! Glad I could help you along, post back anytime

Comment

Working...
                        X