Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS3R fan headers

CPU_FAN:SYS_FAN2:SYS_FAN1PWR_FANQuestions:
    • Is it possible to use software to control 3 pin non-PWM fans at all on this board?

• Speedfan vs EasyTune vs DES

I'm a fanatic about keeping my computer quiet, and thus I'm interested in having maximum control over the fans as well keeping power usage (Heat generation) as low as possible. I'm a fan of silentpcreview.com | Everything about Silent / Quiet Computers

Re: GA-EP45-DS3R fan headers

Easytune and DES are separate, so you can uninstall Easytune if you like. There are many other softwares that will show you the same info. And overclocking if done should be done in the BIOS anyway.

As for 3 pin fans, yes they can be controlled with speedfan, although I am not so sure about that sys_fan2 header. Similar issues and concerns were posted about the exact same header in the P35 boards. Heck, some would not work AT ALL.

I would recommend you either get a Fan Controller better then fanmate, or just actually do not use the Sys_fan2 header and use spliced molex or other connector in conjunction with a fan controller or fan mate

I would also recommend you uninstall Easytune, CPU-z, GPU-z, and speedfan can show you all of the same info.

As for speedfan and your other headers, you will likely need to send a config file or (Not sure the name of it anymore as I do not use it) but you will need to send a file to the maker so he can update it for your chipset/sensor sets. I believe this info is on the main page. And also, it just plain does not always work with all sensors even after correctly programmed and configured. Here is the email you can send your info to for a config update. Or join if you have not already and see if your board is listed >>>
    SpeedFan Configuration Manager

Comment

Working...
    X