MA55SLI-S4 failed bios flash URGENT HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA55SLI-S4 failed bios flash URGENT HELP NEEDED

It's not ****ed yet, but erm Since all my USB devices getting ****ed (stupid @bios worked twice then suddenly decided to not work) i've decided to flash the bios in the media center because the board wouldn't reconise the amd 6000+ properly.

I need some urgent help as to what i should do as if i have to take this board out it would take hours to get out (no seriously HOURS).

I believe i've done it all right but @bios claims it's failed and i don't want to reboot that computer. It's vista so i ran it as administrator and disabled all anti-virus software and stuff that could stuff it up.

Re: MA55SLI-S4 failed bios flash URGENT HELP NEEDED

You Should have NOT USED @BIOS.

It did FAIL for sure. My Suggestion to you right now would be to not shut it off. You may be fine when it reboots, but likely not.

What you should do is manually download the correct BIOS for your board model and board revision from here. Extract the BIOS file you need, the .F# << # Being BIOS number like .F13. Be sure to choose the correct Rev. It is printed on the board in the bottom corner under the PCI Slots, here is pages for both. Do not choose a Beta, that is a BIOS with a letter after the Number such as F11F unless you are trying to get an AM2 G1/G2-Stepping to work with the board

Rev 1.0 BIOS
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M55SLI-S4 (rev. 1.0)

Rev 2.0 BIOS
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M55SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0)

You can extract the BIOS file from the downloaded EXE with winrar. Here is the trial if you do not have it (Scroll down to Winrar 3.71 and download and install) >>>
    WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

After install, right click the BIOS exe file and choose extract here. There will be three files you will only need the .f# one for this method

Now, please install This Different Version of @BIOS (Post # 35) >>>

Then manually update the BIOS with @BIOS by choosing the "Update New BIOS" button and browse to the file you just extracted. Be sure you Uncheck the "Find BIOS from Gigabyte" button and do not search the web for the BIOS. You will be manually choosing it from your disk with the browse feature like when you upload a image

Let me know how that goes for you. If it still fails you will just have to cross your fingers and hope it reboots properly. If not you may have to RMA if it does not reboot proper.

Do you already have a Floppy drive installed? If so there is a Blind flash Method in the above linked thread in post # 6 which you can try to use if it fails to reboot. You can also try to clear CMOS by unplugging your PSU from the wall and putting a Hard Drive or Optical Jumper on the Clear CMOS pins on the board and let it set for 20+ minutes. Then remove jumper and plug PSU in and see if it will start

If you do get rebooted and all is well please be sure you do choose Load Optimized defaults and save and apply and reboot Back into the BIOS before you go into windows. You will need to set your hard drive settings again, especially do not try to load Windows if you are using a RAID setup without setting these settings again (Just have to say incase anyone is reading this for any board and is using RAID)

Good luck, and PLEASE DO NOT USE @BIOS again!!

Comment

Well out of all things the power to the house went off, Then when it was back on the computer worked fine. I still need to flash the bios so it reconises the 6000+.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny123 View Post
        Well out of all things the power to the house went off, Then when it was back on the computer worked fine. I still need to flash the bios so it reconises the 6000+.

I were you I would do as LSD told me and use a USB flash drive to flash Bios I did that and it worked perfectly.

Comment

Ahh, well at least your board survived! Great Luck!!

Well if you need to flash still yes, please do so with one of the above methods. You can also make a FAT32 Partition on one of your disks and put the .Fx BIOS file there to flash from Qflash with as well

Comment

alright, i'll try doing that and come back with the results.

I always knew @bios would fail me the third time (it worked perfect twice).

Comment

Ya it will work, but it just not worth the risk trying. If anyone is reading this and you have used @BIOS.... YOU GOT LUCKY.... STOP PRESSING YOUR LUCK NOW

While you are ahead

Comment

Working...
              X