Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-DQ6 Bios Settings

Ahh, well then those are nice ram settings

Hmm, I dunno what you should overclock to. I guess that would be up to you. But I would do 3.4-3.6 or more if possible myself

Can you link me to that case? I just want a better look and a for sure look before I suggest some huge sink that wont even come close to fitting.

If you have heard of Thermright Ultra 120, that is what I would suggest but it is Very large and may not fit if you case is not very wide. They do make a 90 version as well.

Tuniq also makes some good coolers, and does xigmatek

Comment

Here is the case:

Newegg.com - iStarUSA D-406-B6SA-RED Red Steel 4U Rackmount Server Case 2 External 5.25" Drive Bays - Server Chassis

I will try 3.4 for the cpu. Are there any other settings I would need to change beyond the clock speed?

Edit: I am reading your OC tut so you can ignore that last question. :)
      Last edited by chrismo16; 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Ahh, well I do not think you would have room in that for a Ultra 120, looks like only 7" height so with the tray the inner measurement would likely be less. Best bet is to google that case and see what others are using for cooling

Yeah, you may need to adjust some ram timings, and CPU voltages to go up

Comment

I found a really nice cooler. The Scythe Ninja Copper. Got it at a good price too!

I have been reading your tut for the p35 OC settings. I am trying to get my baseline settings done. I noticed the MIT settings are different then the ones you suggested (I would assume it is because they are for the P35 instead of the P45). My only question is are the ones you gave me suitable for baseline?

Comment

New bios for EP45-DQ6
            F10
            F11

Comment

Yeah, they are good for a baseline. Save them as a profile with all the highest settings I suggested. Then make a new profile and start trying to lower them. That way, anytime you want/need a fully stable system and dont have time to mess around you can load the Stable profile.

F11 is Save, and F12 is Load for BIOS profiles, on the MAIN Page of the BIOS only

Comment

Thanks Stasio for the heads up!

I am going to upgrade, save my baseline, and start to try some lower numbers. What do you suggest I focus on? What should I never touch? I would like to follow your tut but it is not for p45. I would like to OC my CPU a bit while keeping it safe.

Comment

Well the same would apply for your board, even though it is P45. If you look in the memory guide you will see the comparisons of the P34 and P45 memory values, and the memset image Posted there will show you what each is in P45 (Like Act To Act *P35* = tRRD *P45 & Memset)

I would suggest you set the ram multi to the lowest, and timings all high and start your CPU Overclock. Once you get it there then move on to getting the ram to where you want

Where are you at now anyways? And where do you want to be? Not really anything you should not adjust except Static tRead Phase adjustments. The rest is all easily adjustable

Just keep a eye on temps as you raise voltages and you will be fine, tweaking takes time as you know so dont let yourself get frustrated

Comment

Working...
                  X