VCORE Doesn't Change - EP35-DS3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCORE Doesn't Change - EP35-DS3L

New build. E7200 CPU, OCZ PC6400 Plat XTC 4-4-4-15.
    BIOS is F2
    Did not install any Gigabyte utilities, so Dynamic Energy Saver is not on, as far as I am aware.
    Disabled C1E, CPU Thermalmonitor, C.I.A. 2. I don't see EIST in this Bios.

I have set as high as 1.4 V in the BIOS for the VCore. InWindows, according to Speedfan, Everest, and CPU ID, VCore is never above 1.18 V, which is waht I get if I leave the VCore set to manual. There is no change in CPU Speed or the VCore from idle to load, so I don't think any of the auto reducing features are enabled somehow.
    What am I missing?
    i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Re: VCORE Doesn't Change - EP35-DS3L

Please update your BIOS, F2 is pretty old. I would suggest F4 or F5

Please use Qflash, DO NOT USE @BIOS to update the BIOS >>>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP35-DS3L

Use either a floppy or USB stick in Qflash to flash your BIOS.

You will need to extract the exe (Which is a SFX Self Extracting file) with winrar to use a USB stick to flash, you only need the file named similar to this >> ga_ep35_ds3l.FX << (Example file name) X will be the BIOS #

Winrar Trial (Right click the BIOS downloaded EXE and choose "Extract Here") after installing Winrar >>>
    WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

If you have a Floppy installed you will just double click the exe download and it will be extracted onto the floppy. Then proceed to Qflash and use the floppy. USB And floppy devices will show as "Disks" or "Drives" in Qflash.

To Start Qflash you simply hit the "END" key at startup, like when you hit "DEL" to get into the BIOS. Or you can also get to it from within the BIOS. ON the MAIN page of the BIOS hit F8 to start Qflash

USB Must be formatted to FAT32 or FAT16

After you flash please reboot into the BIOS and Choose Load Optimized Defaults, then save and apply/F10 and reboot again into the BIOS and make any needed changes BEFORE starting windows. That last thing is very important if you have a RAID Setup, you will corrupt your Array if you do try to load windows before setting your disk back to RAID after load optimized defaults.

EIST is in The Advanced BIOS page and will need to be disabled, it is right under TM2, and two below C1E as shown in this image >>>

Maybe you overlooked it?

Comment

Updating the BIOS did it. Should have tought of that myself. Thanks.
      i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
      Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

Comment

Good to see you got it, and had no issues with flashing.

If you need any further help, feel free to post back!

Comment

My system is very similar to yours (see sig), and I only got total stability with F7. Still had some problems with F6. I believe these later BIOS updates addressed (primarily) memory compatibility issues.
          By the way L, I have both EIST and C1E enabled (and appreciate that the CPU is throttled back when not needed, being the miser that I am). Even with a bit of overclocking, this doesn't seem to be causing any issues. I ran a bunch of tests with one and both off, no difference. What are your concerns with those two settings?
          Last edited by mxcrowe; 08-23-2008, 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling
          Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
          Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

Well when you overclock MORE (Which most users do) these will affect your voltages harder and will make overclocks very unstable

Comment

Working...
            X