New F7 BIOS for GA-EP43-DS3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New F7 BIOS for GA-EP43-DS3L

Just noticed that Gigabyte has put out a new BIOS (v F7) for the GA-EP43-DS3L mobo. Sounds like the new revision is largely to fix the problem I reported here. (See: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/prob...-memory-27287/)

Anyone D/L'ed and installed it yet? I'm tempted to give it a try, but I don't like being the guinea pig.

Re: New F7 BIOS for GA-EP43-DS3L

ok darose, i've taking one for the team mate and all is good!!!

It has actually fixed this prob i was having: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/only...-driver-27420/

Comment

Be sure you DO NOT USE @BIOS to update with. Just had to say this incase any new members are not aware that it kills boards

Comment

Originally posted by ChopChop View Post
        ok darose, i've taking one for the team mate and all is good!!!

It has actually fixed this prob i was having: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/only...-driver-27420/
        OK, cool. Good to hear it's working OK for someone. Thanks much for testing it out (and for posting your results).

Comment

Just to let ya know Lsdmeasap, i used @bios to update mine twice in the last week(obviously prior to reading this) and both times it was successfull with no probs. Maybe the program has been updated too Hope so cause that was my first time updating a bios and was told the dangers involed in it and @bios was so easy!

Comment

I doubt that, and please do not take your chances. There is Two versions and both are available here in the "@BIOS Killed My Board" thread, but BOTH can and will Kill your board.

I have used them as well, with success. I have also had both fail on my in person so it is not worth it.

So.... Just dont press your luck anymore. There is plenty of options for NOT using a windows based flash. And they are always suggested for sure FIRST!

If you need help in knowing all the possible ways to flash without @BIOS let me know and I will post them for you

Comment

I just wanted to share,
              yesterday @bios have killed my board, it have failed at 50%,
              and that means 2 things

1.it have failed
              2.because it flashed 50%, the bios thinks its OK and wont run award's BOOTBLOCK recovery (it posts, detects drives, and hangs)
              3.I would have to buy new rig, new processor, new board, new memory! also my PSU wont suffice for the new processor, so i would have to buy new one as well,
              and all thanx to the great @bios software, it should be banned!!

STAY AWAY!

Comment

i must have been incredibily lucky i used @bios with my memory errors no less.

isn't their a recovery procdure on this board especially with it having 2 bioses? 1 that you can update 1 you can not.

Comment

Have you tried all the recovery options posted here >>>

Ya, @BIOS is for sure never suggested. Flashing in windows on any board is a NO NO

Sorry to hear this, but you would not need a new CPU and all that. All you need is to RMA your board.

Last resort >>>
                  I UNBRICKED IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X