Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCI-E 4X card in PCI-E 8X or 16x slots in GA-EP45-DS3R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI-E 4X card in PCI-E 8X or 16x slots in GA-EP45-DS3R?

An LSI SAS3041E-R SAS/SATA PCI-E 4x Raid card is not recognized in either the 16x or 8x PCI-E slots. It works in other motherboards in 8x and 16x slots.

Is there a trick to get this to work in this motherboard?
    Last edited by srcm; 08-20-2008, 08:28 PM.

Re: PCI-E 4X card in PCI-E 8X or 16x slots in GA-EP45-DS3R?

Not sure, are you sure the drivers work in your OS? It should work as PCI-E 2.0 is backward compatible

Have you manually assigned a IRQ to anything?

Have you tried Loading Optimized Defaults, then rebooting and see if it is recognized then? If you do this, be sure before you start windows to Set your Other disk settings or if you are using RAID you will crash your Array

Comment

Cleared CMOS, reset all to default, loaded optimized settings, card does not show up at all at the boot up screen like it does in other motherboards and does not appear in the resource list prior to the loading of the OS.

Comment

Maybe you should manually assign a IRQ to it, have you tried that yet? Other then that I do not know what to tell you, sorry man.

It may not be compatible with P45 chipset, but I cannot say for sure. Best to email LSI and ask

Are you SURE it still works and has not been damaged?

I see here that windows and PCI-E does not like it very well >>>
        Customer Reviews Of LSI LSI00112 PCI Express SATA / SAS SAS3041E-R 3Gb/s 4-port IR RAID 0/1/1E/10E - Retail

Comment

I'll try the manual IRQ assignment. Card is good. Works fine with Windows XP.

Comment

Well if IRQ assignment does not help the best thing to do is contact LSI Directly. They have great support I hear

Comment

Working...
            X