Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions pertaining to my GA-X38-DQ6 motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two questions pertaining to my GA-X38-DQ6 motherboard.

I linked the program I mention/used for the tutorial

Ahh, yeah sorry I forgot to mention XP mode if you was using vista

And I forgot to mention if you was using a RAID setup it would take a LONG time to do the process when it rebooted. So sorry if you had a long UNEXPECTED WAIT.

*EDIT*

I am posting a vista reply for you now
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-23-2008, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I linked the program I mention/used for the tutorial

Ahh, yeah sorry I forgot to mention XP mode if you was using vista

And I forgot to mention if you was using a RAID setup it would take a LONG time to do the process when it rebooted. So sorry if you had a long UNEXPECTED WAIT.

*EDIT*

I am posting a vista reply for you now
      Well, I'm not using RAID. And thanks for your quick response!

Comment

Ahhh.

Ok Well vista will let you shrink the disk with it, but I dont think it will let you choose the amount.

Do you know how to burn a ISO? If so you can use UltimateBootCD. There is many partition tools on it. Same methods would be used only you would boot from the CD and do it all in DOS. Use Ranish Partition Manager or Partition Resizer on it >>>
        Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

How to burn a ISO is here >>>
        Ultimate Boot CD - Frequently Asked Questions

If you need more help with ISO let me know.

I will also go right now and see what I can find that is free for vista, incase you do not want to go this bootcd route BRB

Comment

Hmm.... I actually have an Ultimate Boot CD right here. I don't know what kind of partition managers it has on it, though. I received this CD at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Vista will let you Shrink your C drive by right clicking My Computer and choose manage. Then choose disk management on the left, then right click your C drive on the right table and choose Shrink.

Not sure how much it shrinks or if you get a choice but you can undo it when you are done.

After you shrink C, then the program and second step I listed above should work as it will create a new partition in XP mode and not need to be In DOS. Which was likely the vista issue with it.

Here is some info on how this works, and I do see you have choices on the amount to shrink >>>
            Resize a Partition for Free in Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek

Then after you shrink, use above app and method to create your second FAT32 Partition

Comment

Ahh well if you have Hirens or similar then you are good to go, use Partition Magic or Paragon Partition manager they are both on it. I just could not link you to Hirens as it is well ya know, not allowed because it is warez

Same above warnings apply, do not move disk/partitions from the left, right side moves only

Comment

Alright then, I'll try it.

EDIT: Alright, I made the partition successfully and have stored the BIOS file on the drive. I guess I'll go ahead and reboot and do the flash. Any more advice for me before I do this?
                Last edited by JWT2k6; 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Alright, I made the partition successfully and have stored the BIOS file on the drive. I guess I'll go ahead and reboot and do the flash. Any more advice for me before I do this?

Comment

Nope sounds good. Glad you got it, and good luck with your flash. Be sure you have the correct Version of BIOS for your model and board revision is the only other thing I would need to mention of course.

And do not shut off your PC or interrupt it while you flash of course

Comment

Alright, I flashed the BIOS and everything went smoothly. Thanks for all of your help! I'm going to flash with this method from now on for this machine!

Now.... time to reformat my computer.... *sigh*

Comment

Nice!

Well sorry it took so long to get your formatted and ready, but at least you now have the partition. I keep mine and all versions of BIOS there just incase I ever need them.

Good luck in getting your system all set back up again!!

Comment

Hey again. Could you please look at my other thread located here? I'd greatly appreciated it. It has to do with optimizing my BIOS before I reformat it. I've worked on it once before, but I don't know if mine was completely optimized or not.

Comment

Well you can/should install your system first so you will have something to use while you do tweaking and testing. It can take you some time for sure

I will go post you some setting though as well

Comment

Working...
                            X