RAID0 problem :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID0 problem :(

hello i had raid0 array set and everything worked fine... today i changed sata mode to ide and disabled raid in bios to boot up memtest86 cd, after that i've changed everything back in bios, but now one of my raid0 disks is recognized as non-raid disk... :( any suggestions what to do? i have some vital information there...

Re: RAID0 problem :(

Why did you do that? I mean there is no need to change disk selection/settings to boot Memtest86+?

Well the only thing you can do now is format and redo the Whole RAID array and OS. Or buy RAID recovery software if it is that important to you. You can try this freeware but you will need a third drive, and 24hrs to spare >>>
    RAID Reconstructor - Recover Data from a Broken RAID Array

When recovering RAID Data it takes Forever and NONE of your files will be named properly. You will spend literally a day or two AFTER recovery sorting thru it all

Please remember this, DO NOT EVER change RAID To IDE when you have a RAID array in use. Also if and when you flash your BIOS and load optimized defaults and reboot, before starting windows go back in and set RAID settings again or the same will happen

Comment

omg thats such a nonsense... i will never use raid again... total bull***t... :(:(:(

Comment

You should have known better. Why did you even switch to NON Raid anyay to run memtest86+? It is not needed at all, what gave you the idea you needed to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by dudikaz View Post
          omg thats such a nonsense... i will never use raid again.
          Why did you have raid in the first place? Why did you have raid0? All raid modes are not equal.

Just for reference, which motherboard model and what SATA/RAID controller do you use? For how many drives?

Comment

board is ex38 ds4, ich9r chipset, i've read somewhere that memtest's cd won't boot if using ahci/raid, but why the hell there's no notice in my user manual? how should i know that my damn mobo will corrupt one of my hdd's because of switching bios to ide... i didn't even try to boot from it or smth, why the hell did it touch my hdd? thats total absurd...

Comment

That is Wrong for sure. Hirens or similar Boot CD's wont work, they will boot, but wont work when using RAID/SATA.

But Memtest Will work just fine, FOR SURE... I use it often and Keep my RAID on

Comment

Might want to update the overclocking and BIOS tweaking guide, Lsdmeasap - says to allow the system to boot into Windows after loading fail safe defaults.

I normally unplug my array when fooling around in the BIOS. Avoids unfortunate accidents if I don't hit the DEL key fast enough. Especially useful when mucking with memory timings; booting into Windows with unstable memory is just asking for corruption, even without RAID.

Comment

Noted for RAID users. Thanks for the heads up!

Ya, I have a BIOS profile that has NO Disks setup on it. So I just load the when playing around in mine! The BIOS profiles options are very nice, more people should remember they are there and take advantage

Comment

Working...
                  X