Memory panic - solutions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory panic - solutions??

Hey LSD dude, thankyou so much for warning me about that RAM before i got it - I'm soo glad i asked you guys first!!

You recommended me Gskill or Mushkin - although none of them are on the Manufacturer's guidelines. I can't find any Mushkin on Overclockers, but i have found 3 Gskill RAMs:

G.Skill 4GB DDR2 PK PC2-8500C5 (2x2GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK)
    G.Skill 4GB DDR2 PQ PC2-6400C5 (2x2GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit (F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ)
    G.Skill 4GB DDR2 PQ PC2-8000C5 (2x2GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit (F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ)

Will two of these (8 Gig total) work on my GA-X48-DS4? and if so which one's would be best suited (the faster ones??)?.

Again thanks so much for your excellent support and rig-saving advice.

Cheers guys

Re: Memory panic - solutions??

Overclockers?

Is this a ram sales place? If not and you mean you dont think Mushkin will overclock that is wrong. They overclock very nicely

Ohh I clicked your links, I see it is a sales site

The ones ending in K for King are the better ones, Q or Queen sticks are the next level down

Just so you know now though, Overclocking wont go very far with 8GB. A little but not a whole lot for sure

Comment

Wow, thanks for getting back to me so soon! Yeah I'm in the UK so i can't use newegg... Thanks for the warning man, i so nearly blew a load of cash!!!
      I'm going to go with the King RAM - the top ones, but although they say they're 1066mhz, aren't they actually 800? Would i need to overclock them up to their 1066mhz and would this even be necessary if i have 8gb? And would i then need to cool them? The rest of my build is this:

Akasa AK-TK-01 Cable Tidy Kit
      Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (WD6400AAKS)
      Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (66I-01939)
      Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Speakers - OEM (51MF4085AA002)
      Antec Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
      Corsair TX 750W ATX2.2 SLI Compliant PSU
      Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
      Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200 Laser (967688-0120)
      Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.83GHz 12MB-cache (1333FSB) Processor - Retail
      Samsung SM-2253LW Aqua 21.6" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black

Does it look like my RAM is suitable? I'm sorry f i sound like a moron, but this is my first time getting involved with a home build and i'm a little inexperienced.

Thanks Lsd!
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

btw sorry for having 2 threads going - didn't know you can re use them... sorry lads

Comment

Comment

No Problem about 2 threads, you can make as many as you like if you want to keep questions separate, or put them all together I dont mind

Yes, all 1066MHz ram is actually 800MHz ram and will be shown as that in any app you look at the ram info in. 1066MHz ram is just 800Mhz ram that has been tested and proven to run at 1066MHz with said voltages and timings, and the user must set the timings and speed manually

So yes you will need to manually adjust the speed and timings, especially when planning to use 8GB you may not be able to get them all the way up to 1066, but likely close or right at. Yes you would likely want a fan on the ram and NB with 8GB

Yeap your build looks very good
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X