EP45-DS3R boots slow! whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-DS3R boots slow! whats wrong?

Well, at least you shop Newegg! Your RMA as you likely know will be painless, as for BioStar have fun with that. They look like a very cheap manufacturer to me, and have always heard to stay away.

My only other motherboard choice if I HAD to make one would be Abit

Either way, good luck with things

Comment

Yea i hear the same things about them so im now leaning towards a DFI. I would go gigabyte again, but i really dont see one that peaks my intrest as this one did, and i dont trust this board enough to go with another. It was nice, except for the slow booting, vDroop, and eventually death (well to me). Who knows maybe it works for some people, but the real turn off was the vDroop, which for everyday use it wouldnt be noticed, but for overclocking (i got an e8400 after all!) it just introduces more calculating, and thats fine if it leads to a stable overclock but it didnt.

To all that read this (mainly people that are googling about this board, or Gigabyte) Gigabyte is a good brand to go with, just with as all companies you can get bad boards, and for me, it only takes one before i switch to a different brand. Dont think that they are bad just because of my one experience. Google about them and you will find they are a very good brand. To me, i think some of my problems were more because of the "energy saving" features, but hey eventually they will be figured out, its fairly new tech. Point is if you picked out a board, dont let this one problem (well few) push you away! Gigabyte (and newegg) are glad to help you, just as this forum shows. After all the better your treated, the better chance youll buy from them again! I know thats why i stick with PC P&C, OCZ, and ANTEC, and ATi.

Comment

Well if you had a floppy installed you could have likley recovered from the BIOS bootblock failure, as well as often times a proper clearing of the cmos can help to.

DFI is good for sure, if you like to tweak settings! All boards will have Vdrop and Vdroop though, but some are better then others, and some have controls for them as well. Which I am pretty Sure DFI's have. I know my Gigabyte board does

Yeah the new DES is pretty useless I think, especially since the base most of their sales to overclockers who turn it off Intel energy saving features before they even install windows. Then never install or use DES anyway.

I have also seen some reviews that show it only would save a user $2-3 a year in the end anyway

Good luck with your choice/decision. Ya, you can't go wrong ordering anything at newegg, I have even called several times for RMA's for various reasons and gotten free prepaid cross shipping. They are all about Customer Service for sure!

Comment

Working...
        X