Memory Panic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Panic!

Hey guys, i'm about to buy my GA-X48-DS4 motherboard with 2 sets of Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400C5 TwinX (2x2GB) RAM (8Gig total), but i looked at the Gigabyte website and it didn't have this RAM listed as compatible with the motherboard!! Please help, is this going to work?
    Someone also suggested that the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775) would block off two of the DIMM slots - would it? because that would be a big problem.

Many thanks Gigabyte support, you're a legend!

Re: Memory Panic!

Crucial Ballistix likely will not work for X48, as you can see Here >>>> X38/X48 Ballistix Tracers Compatibility Dropped

Using The above mentioned ram may and does work for some, but at 8GB you are for sure only asking for headaches using them and a RMA down the road. Best to buy compatible ram now especially if you plan to buy 8GB

I am not sure about that cooler, if it maybe does you could likely clip/grand down the fan bracket that may touch the ram.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Comment

I agree Fruees, And it should be updated for sure.

You will be good with the following brands FOR SURE at 8GB >>>

Mushkin, G.Skill, Geil. Kingston likely as well as a few others (Let me know if you would like a larger list).

Those first ones would be the best choice if planning to buy 8GB

Comment

Working...
        X