GA-EP35-DS3L - updated BIOS, stuck in restart loop and can't POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-DS3L - updated BIOS, stuck in restart loop and can't POST

I updated the BIOS to F5 from F4 in Q-Flash successfully and then pressed F10 to shut down. When I booted the computer, it would stay at the initial Gigabyte splash screen for about two seconds, then restart (well, actually the screen would go blank and the fans would keep spinning, but I could hear the distinct sound of a reset coming from a drive or the motherboard), and so on ad infinitum. Pressing delete or any other key does nothing. I tried removing the battery and resetting the CMOS to no avail. I'm sure the rest of my hardware is working properly. Is there any way to fix this, or has my motherboard been bricked?

Specs:
    E7200
    2x1GB OCZ Platinum Revision 2 DDR2-800
    WD 500GB HDD
    8800 GTS 640MB
    GA-EP35-DS3L
    Corsair HX520W PSU

Re: GA-EP35-DS3L - updated BIOS, stuck in restart loop and can't POST

Have you tried with only 1stick of ram in slot one?

Also, do you have a Floppy drive ALREADY connected and set up?

To Properly clear the CMOS I do this >>> Unplug the PSU from the Wall, Put a Hard Drive Or Optical Jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and wait 20+ minutes. Then remove the jumper and plug the PSU back in the wall and start the PC

Can you get back into Qflash at all, or load a DOS bootable CD or Floppy or USB stick?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Have you tried with only 1stick of ram in slot one?

Also, do you have a Floppy drive ALREADY connected and set up?

To Properly clear the CMOS I do this >>> Unplug the PSU from the Wall, Put a Hard Drive Or Optical Jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and wait 20+ minutes. Then remove the jumper and plug the PSU back in the wall and start the PC

Can you get back into Qflash at all, or load a DOS bootable CD or Floppy or USB stick?
      Yes, I even tried using a stick of RAM from another computer I knew worked - same problem.

I don't have a floppy drive, I flashed the BIOS with a USB stick.

Forgive the stupid question, but is there anything I could use as a substitute for a jumper? I'm pretty sure I don't have any. :/

I can't get back into Q-Flash (pressing the key does nothing) and it restarts before I can get up to the point where I can load a bootable cd.

Comment

Hmm, Well I think only a Hard drive Jumper or Optical Jumper will fit on there. What I actually do you could do. I have my Case Reset Switch plugged into the pins. So anytime I need I can just push and hold it in. You could do this and hold it down for a while (Or stick something in the switch to make it stuck in for 10 minutes or so)

With no floppy and no access to Qflash, if a Clear CMOS does not work the only thing you can do is RMA the board.

So, no pushing F12 as soon as you turn it on to see the Choose Boot Device menu?

Comment

Working...
        X