• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-E45-DS3L freeze in vista

Please, i have bought a new system

Core 2 Duo E8400
    Gigabyte GA-E45-DS3L
    A-data DDR-2 800 gaming version 2gb x2 (spec. at 5-5-5-12 1.9v)
    Sapphire ATI X4850

and upon i enter windows vista, it usually freeze up within one minute or when i play 3d mark.

I have updated the bios to F7 version and have setting the MCH voltage t 1.3. and the latency to 5-5-5-12, with 1.90v... still freeze..

anyone experience the same problem?

Re: GA-E45-DS3L freeze in vista

You may need a bit more MCH Core, and or to manually set trfc to 52-62. And you may also have a larger memory voltage drop then you would expect. Do you have everest or PCWizard to check and see what voltage the ram is actually getting? You may need to set it in the BIOS to 2.0V to get 1.9

Comment

i have tried to increase mch core to 1.3v, but this resulted in triple boot. however, if i switch to 1.05v... the system is actually more stable and freeze less frequently... is it a problem with the stock cooling of the board. coz even at 1.1v i got freeze.. and i could not get the mch core to 1.3..

Comment

Well I am not sure, other timings are also a factor but you should be able to boot for sure with 1.1 or 1.3 set for MCH Core voltage. Did you set the other timing I mentioned and check the actual Ram voltage being sent to the ram like I suggested?

Comment

yes, i set it as 1.97 and it showed as 1.97 in everest

Comment

Hmm, well that is trange. I have never seen a extra .2 voltage make anything fail unless it was at a really high level.

What FSB and Memory Multi are you running? Could be a NB strap issue possibly

1.1 MCH is the default correct? It should be.

Did you set tRFC to 52-62?

Comment

the fsb and memory multi are in auto setting, and it showed 333 mhz and 800mHz. i even set the tRFC to 65, still cannot run a full memtest. Once I set the mch core to higher than say 1.2v, there will be triple boot... and when i enter into bios again, it said i have made wrong adjustment to overclock/voltage. anyways i suspect this is a problem with the MB and i am returing this to the shop for full checkup..

Comment

Sounds to me like the ram may have a DOA stick, but only testing it in another board will let ya know for sure

Comment

Working...
                X