update bios on ep35-ds3l for E8400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update bios on ep35-ds3l for E8400?

very soon i will be purchasing an E8400 to go along with the ep35-ds3l. i was wondering, am i going to have to update the bios to have it work/overclock properly? im NOT going to be using @bios as i heard its no good; i've got a usb flash drive that i will use qflash with. i should be ok, right?
    Q9650 E0 1.2 VID 445x9 4005mhz 1.23v
    GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R
    Mushkin 2x2gb 1066 DDR2 5-5-5-15 2.1v
    Lapped TRUE w/ 110cfm Panaflo (shrouded)
    Corsair HX620 Modular
    CoolerMaster 690 Case
    EVGA 9800GTX+

Re: update bios on ep35-ds3l for E8400?

Yes, unless you buy a used board you will likely get a BIOS that works with the E8400. If not try to have a older 775 CPU around you could use or borrow to flash with.

Qflash all the way for sure!!

Will this be a brand new in the box board? If it is then likely you will be fine. But if you have a older 775 that you planned to sell when you get your board or new CPU might wanna keep it on hand until you have started your new system just incase you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Yes, unless you buy a used board you will likely get a BIOS that works with the E8400. If not try to have a older 775 CPU around you could use or borrow to flash with.

Qflash all the way for sure!!

Will this be a brand new in the box board? If it is then likely you will be fine. But if you have a older 775 that you planned to sell when you get your board or new CPU might wanna keep it on hand until you have started your new system just incase you need it.
      yeah, im gonna order it from newegg. but i should probably get the latest bios if it doesnt come with it, i see on the gigabyte website that they released one in mid july.

as far as using qflash with a usb stick... do i just download the .exe from gigabyte's site, then extract the files to the usb, and thats it? qflash will do the rest?

this forum, you mainly lsd, has taken away any woes i've had or might have when it comes to gigabyte boards.
      Q9650 E0 1.2 VID 445x9 4005mhz 1.23v
      GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R
      Mushkin 2x2gb 1066 DDR2 5-5-5-15 2.1v
      Lapped TRUE w/ 110cfm Panaflo (shrouded)
      Corsair HX620 Modular
      CoolerMaster 690 Case
      EVGA 9800GTX+

Comment

Well some of the older ones still support it so you will likely be fine ordering at newegg anyway

Yeap, Qflash works just that simple All you will need is the .FXX file out of the downloaded package and a Formatted FAT32 USB Stick.

Thanks for that comment, makes me feel useful. Yeah I love GA boards for sure, used to be Asus only but that was long ago and many dead boards back

Comment

Originally posted by mattlyall06 View Post
          yeah, im gonna order it from newegg. but i should probably get the latest bios if it doesnt come with it, i see on the gigabyte website that they released one in mid july.

as far as using qflash with a usb stick... do i just download the .exe from gigabyte's site, then extract the files to the usb, and thats it? qflash will do the rest?

this forum, you mainly lsd, has taken away any woes i've had or might have when it comes to gigabyte boards.

I Bought mine over a month ago from Fry's. It had F4 BIOS and worked fine with my E8400. I would flash to f5 epecially if you want to overclock
          Mobo: ASrock Z77 Exteme4
          CPU: i5-3570K 4.2G
          CPU Heatsink : Hyper 212 EVO
          RAM: Ripjaw F3-12800CL9-4GBRL 2x4GB
          GFX: MSI GTX650
          PSU: Lepa 500W
          SSD: PNY XLR8 240GB (C:)
          SSD: OCZ Agiliity 3 240GB (refurb)
          Storage: Seagate 7200.12 1TB
          Storage: Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Comment

Working...