GA-P35-DS3R bios flashing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS3R bios flashing problem

It all started when I got a new e7200 that wouldn't overclock as much as I'd hoped. So I decided to update the bios. So I downloaded @bios, which says it works with 64 bit windows vista, and updated the bios. Except it failed, and now I'm afraid of turning off my computer because I don't want a dead motherboard. What can I do? Please help!

Re: GA-P35-DS3R bios flashing problem

Yes @BIOS SUCKS!!!

Never use it again (Except to try this DIFFERENT Version to fix your board)

There is only 2 things you can do. One is to try this older version of @BIOS before you shut down your PC. The other is Cross your Fingers and shut down the PC.

Be sure you have downloaded from the site the proper BIOS for your Board Rev here, extract it and use @BIOS to Manually Browse to the BIOS file and update it. DO NOT Check "Find BIOS From Gigabyte" Box, Use the "Update New BIOS" Button which will allow you to browse to the BIOS file and select it. Post #35 >>>

If you need me to extract the Actual BIOS file you need from the package let me know which version you want and I will extract it and repost for you. Here is REV 2.1 BIOS page for your board, if you have a different REV number please BE SURE to click on it at the top before you download a BIOS package >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (Rev. 2.1)

Not sure what Rev you have? It is in the Corner of the board near the Bottom Left side under PCI Slots. It is also written on your motherboard box

The only thing you will be able to do if this version of @BIOS fails is reboot the PC and hope all is well. IF not and you do not have a Floppy drive ALREADY Connected then you will have to RMA the board. If you do have a floppy connected (MUST BE already connected previously) then you can use this fix Post #6 >>>

Comment

YES! it worked! I love you! Thanks for your help. It really is immensely appreciated. Although it didn't help with my overclocking problems, I'm just glad that my motherboard is okay.

I was referred over here from tomshardware by someone named rockyjohn. He said that if you helped me, that I should say hi to you for him. So yeah.

Again, thank you for your help.

Comment

Cool, which method did you end up having to use?

Tell him I said hello and long time no see!

Do you need some overclocking help?

If so please post your full specs and fill out the below with the settings you are using now and I will see if I see what your issue may be and offer you some better suggestions to try >>>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
        CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
        CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
        CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
        PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
        C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
        System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
        DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
        Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
        Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
        Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?