GA ep45 Ds3R Dual channel and slot 1,2 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA ep45 Ds3R Dual channel and slot 1,2 problem

i am having some trouble with my memory to run at dual channel and also will not work if i put it on slot 1 and 2.. but will work on slot 3, 4 single channel.

im wondering if theres anything that i can do to let this ram work.. my rams are Geil ddr2 800 1 GB dual channel kit. Cas 5-5-5-15 @ 1.8V

thanks.

Re: GA ep45 Ds3R Dual channel and slot 1,2 problem

update.

i have test my rams on memtest no errors. and i also tried putting single ram on slot 1, and 2. its not working. on/off loop no post. only slot 3 and 4 are working.. can anyone help me please.. thanks.

Slot 1,3 and slot 2,4 dual channel not working. only single channel slot 3,4
    Last edited by harry23lim; 08-14-2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you should RMA the board. Your tests methods show to me that you have a Bad Memory bank which could be shorted out or any other number of things could be wrong with it

If you cannot load the BIOS with a stick in either slot one or two, but can in slot 3 or 4, then the Bank for slots 1 and 2 is bad.

Comment

oh my god i tried Rma'ing this board from where i bought it. they test it with different rams. and guess what?! it works on every channel even dual channel. and when i get home i tried again my memory and it works too.. (but i even tested it once again with my board outside the case and its not working before i go to shop where i bought this board)

then the bios f8 have been corrupted by an unknown reason. it reverts back to f4 then i tried flashing to any bios f8,f6,f9f and it cannot detect my flash drive and even hangs when i click save and exit on bios. so i removed the cmos battery for a while. then return back to the board. then it already detects my flashdrive and was able to use the Q flash. then woallah! success f9f bios. and so far there no problem at the moment. but makes me think what if theres a malfunctioning thing in this board that will sometime attack and sometime not. T_T
        Last edited by harry23lim; 08-18-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you got it working again. Best to not use beta BIOS unless you need to, but either way I am glad to see you have got it working

Wonder what was shorted or what was wrong? Did they have any ideas, or do you now that it is fixed?

Comment

Working...
          X