Please help me with the overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with the overclocking

I have a C2D E7200, a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G motherboard, and OCZ 4GB PC6400 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 RAM with a XFX Geforce 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition.
    Here is my websites for the motherboard and RAM:
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P35-S3G
    OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition 4GB Dual Channel

So I am just trying to get a runthrough with how to overclock this thing exactly.
    What I am going to try to do is put in my correct RAM timings of 5-4-4-15 and and the Overvoltage to the ram of +.03V
    Then I planned on increasing my FSB accordingly so I can get a CPU frequency of 3.6-3.8GHz. Then start from around 1.25V for the CPU and keep increasing until my system lets me in Windows.

So I was searching around on YouTube and found this video: YouTube - Intel P35 CPU/Memory Overclocking Guide
    He says to set the PCI Express frequency to 100, is this required for any system? And also says to move the System Memory Multiplier. How do I find what to change my System Memory Multiplier to? I was confused by this part.

So can someone please let me know what to do on these parts from the video and is what I am thinking in my runthrough correct and on the right path?

Please let me know.
    Thanks

Re: Please help me with the overclocking

First off YES lock PCI Express in the MIT Section to 100

Ok, First off you need to go into the Advanced BIOS section and disable EIST and C1E for overclocking. Then the rest you are thinking down the correct path. See my pinned guide/guides here also for more tips if you need some.

The ram Multi simply means what speed you want to run your ram at. It is always 2 X FSB. I have set it below for 800 MHz Ram at 1:1 (2.00 In gigabyte boards)

Here is settings I would start with for your CPU @ 3.8 (Except the voltage part, you are right about how to go about that) >>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
    CPU Fine Clock Ratio _____________[.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00] <<< = 800MHz Ram (2 X FSB of 400)
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________5 <<< May run at 4 with these settings of only 800 (Test Last with memtest and 2.1V then 2.2)

Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay________4 / 5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

The settings below are Ranges, start with the highest and move lower ON AT A TIME testing your ram with Memtest86+ after each move >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________4-6 (9-11 Use first, try the lower dead last)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3-5
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________52-62
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ -3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 <<< Leave on Auto or Zero or 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] = 2.1V (Likely all you need, most 2.2V ram will run fine at 2.1 or less)

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] <<< For Stability
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] <<< For Stability
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V - +0.15 - +0.2] <<< Needed for 2x2GB ram
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.325] May need more or less, you sound like you got the idea with it

Comment

Working...
    X