• Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3L issues

EP45-DS3L (F7 Bios)
    E8400 Core2 Duo 3.00GHz
    2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 6400 (twin pack)
    GeoForce 8600GT 512MB

1. Memory
    After three days of trying to get this combo to work with both DIMMs in Dual Channel mode I have given up.
    I have tried each DIMM separately and both pass MemTest86+ for hours.
    As soon as I try them in Dual Channel, MemTest starts showing errors.
    I have tried adjusting the RAM voltage to give 1.9v as indicated by the BIOS.
    I even took it up to 2.1v in steps as I have read here that this voltage is OK.
    I stepped the MCH voltage up a few steps, although I'd be disappointed if only two DIMMS required the MCH to be adjusted.
    None of these actions resulted in the system passing MemTest.
    I'm not OC'ing anything, that's not my intention. I just want a stable system.
    So, this afternoon I went back to the market and picked up the same memory configuration (2 x 1G DDR2-6400 twin pack) from a different vendor.
    Pluged it in, set all the BIOS back to AUTO, booted it up and made coffee while waiting for MemTest to do it's stuff.
    It passed.

My conclusion: Corsair memory does not play well with this motherboard.
    I see other threads in here that point to the same conclusion.
    Any comments from GB?

2. Audio device
    Windows (XP Pro) is reporting an audio device that is not functioning correctly.
    The device named when trying to update the driver is "Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer"
    I have upgraded the BIOS, loaded the latest audio drivers from the Gigabyte site, loaded the latest drivers fron Intel site.
    This fixed a few other problems, but not the audio device.
    The audio system does work, I've played CD's and DVD's OK.
    I assume that this device is only for MIDI, which I am unlikely to use (I'm a photo editor, they don't come with soundtracks), but I'd prefer to see it properly installed.

Any suggestions?

dot.zen
    Hong Kong

Re: EP45-DS3L issues

Also just so I am sure what you are using, is it ONLY 2x1 or are you now trying 4x1?

As for sounds you should go into safe mode, and uninstall the Microsoft UUA driver and then reboot back into safe mode and reinstall the Gigabyte drivers only. Then be sure you do not reinstall the windows driver again. This way you do not have 2 devices trying to load drivers for the same thing.

Here is another similar solution of fixing that issue >>>
    Microsoft Kernel Audio Driver gone no Sound - Page 2 - DriverGuide Support Forums

Just tells you how to do it another way

You may also need to update/reinstall your DirectX files again >>>
    Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

I am running 2 x 1G RAM.
      Looks like I have a poor taste in RAM as the new ones I bought are OCZ, but they are working perfectly, ran MemTest86+ overnight and it is all OK with all BIOS setting at AUTO.

Still can't get the audio device to work.
      Did as you suggested, but when I boot back to Windows after the Realtek installation I get the hardware wizard telling me that it has found the UAA and it won't be ignored.
      I'm about to mark the device disabled and just ignore it, but I would prefer to find some way to make it work correctly.

PC's are no longer a new technology, I'm dissapointed that this sort of thing still happens.

dot.zen
      Hong Kong

Comment

Did you do the UUA uninstall in safe mode and reboot to safe mode to reinstall realtek?

You should also be downloading and installing the latest Realtek driver from here >>>
        Realtek

Please see the method and link I posted here about uninstalling the UUA driver >>

Comment

I did, well, I thought I did.
          I just did it again and it all worked.
          Must have had a brain fart somewhere in the middle of it all.
          Everything is running as at should.
          Thanks for your advice, saved me hours of frustration.

GA-EP45-DS3L (F7 Bios)
          E8400 Core2 Duo 3.00GHz
          2 x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 6400 (twin pack)
          GB GeoForce 8600GT 512MB

dot.zen
          Hong Kong

Comment

Nice!!!

Glad to hear I could help, and great to see you have got it all working now

Comment

Working...
            X