Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS4P Best Memmory

Hi,
    I am looking the best memories for my new built rig.
    here is my few specs:
    Case: LIAN-LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum
    Power Supply: Galaxy DXX EGA1000EWL
    Mainboard: GA-EP45-DS4P
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650
    Vid: Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
    Memories: ??????
    HD: Master Seagate ST31000340NS
    Raid: Seagate 4 x ST3500320NS on Highpoint ROCKETRAID 2300
    I am a newbie and not very good at overclocking. so for the start, I want the best memories for my rig without any problem, mainly I use my rig for video editing for my small business, Office works ( database, Excel, word ..) and few gaming..
    I need help to find the right memories to go with my GA-EP45-DS4P. I have in mind the DDR2 8500 with name brand like Corsairs, Mushkin and OCZ and run Dual Chanel.
    Should I start with 4 x 1Gb or 4 x 2Gb ? One of my friend told me that I'll need 8 Gb memories because I will do intensively on Video editing !
    Thanks in advance for all helps

Re: EP45-DS4P Best Memmory

I would suggest Mushkin for sure. And Start with 2x2GB and see if it works for what you use your system for and then if you need more get another set of 2x2. 4GB is usually enough for most things even video editing. BUt you may need 8, but best to save your cash and try 2x2 first and see if it is enough

Mushkin is GREAT and is Always my brand of choice and what I recommend to all my customers. The BLUE sticks are the Midrange, and the Black ones are the high end sticks, just so you know incase you were unsure

Comment

Thanks for your replied !
      I'll try for 2 of this :
      Mushkin XP2-8500 DDR2-1066 4GB (2x2GB) Extreme Performance Series CAS 5-5-5-15
      And I'll post back if I have any problem.
      Should I leave everything in Bios set up in default setting ? or optimized default ? I don't want to overclocking for now until i am very sure that my computer run smoothly first !

Comment

Well for 2x2GB you will ad least want to manually add +0.2 MCH Core Voltage and set trfc to 52-62. No need to "Load" any of the Optimized or Default choices on the main page of the BIOS leave it as it is now, just set those two things manually and you will be fine.

Also, you will HAVE to choose your Memory Multiplier so that your ram will run at 1066 as all 1066 ram is 800 ram and will run at that until the user sets it to 1066 speed

Comment

Working...
        X