Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Hard Drive problems - G31M-S2L

hello all,

ive been using vista x64 for a few weeks now and i love it. installed with new 160gb hd that was part of my build, then added old ide drive, which is also 160gb. it recently filled up, so i purchased a 750gb hd. just got it installed, went my computer > manage > disk management and formatted. runs fine. only problem is, when my computer turns on, the bios doesnt remember which drive is the boot drive, i have to manually hit f12, and select the drive. what am i missing here? there are no jumper pins on any the back of any of the drives, including my dvd drive, which by the way is also ide. is this what the problem is? i need to find one of those damn tiny things and put it on my master boot drive?

thanks in advance....
    Q9650 E0 1.2 VID 445x9 4005mhz 1.23v
    GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R
    Mushkin 2x2gb 1066 DDR2 5-5-5-15 2.1v
    Lapped TRUE w/ 110cfm Panaflo (shrouded)
    Corsair HX620 Modular
    CoolerMaster 690 Case
    EVGA 9800GTX+

Re: Multiple Hard Drive problems - G31M-S2L

IN advanced BIOS options there is a "Hard Disk Boot Priority" choice, have you set that to your Boot Drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      IN advanced BIOS options there is a "Hard Disk Boot Priority" choice, have you set that to your Boot Drive?
      i believe so? im not at home right now so i cant check. if i remember correctly, it has three options: 1st boot priority, 2nd boot priority, and 3rd boot priority. each one lets you select a device, hdd, cd, etc. but i dont think it lets me chose which hdd out of the three that i have, as it does in the boot menu when i hit f12.
      Q9650 E0 1.2 VID 445x9 4005mhz 1.23v
      GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R
      Mushkin 2x2gb 1066 DDR2 5-5-5-15 2.1v
      Lapped TRUE w/ 110cfm Panaflo (shrouded)
      Corsair HX620 Modular
      CoolerMaster 690 Case
      EVGA 9800GTX+

Comment

There is Hard disk Boot Priority at the very top (Which you set to your disk and yes you will choose it by the actual Name of the HD) and then below that is boot order options (First, second and third). Where you would want to set floppy if you have first then HD if not then just set HD as first

Comment

Working...
        X