Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Settings

LSDMEASAP

Since it seems like most of the problems are with memory settings isn't time to write up a sticky for the base settings??? It should save you much time in the long run and give us a reference to use.

If you decide to write such a refernce could you associate the term in the BIOS with the actual like, Static tRead Value (tRD). Maybe also associate the values to MemSet. Like Static tRead Value (tRD) is called Performance Level in MemSet. It is my understanding that MemSet shows the actual memory values as the Bios does not in Auto mode.

My memory has always run fine with Auto settings and now I do have time to tweak it for best performance.

Thanks for your condsideration.

Re: Memory Settings

Yeah I suppose I could write up something, give me a day or two and I will see what I can come up with for you guys.

If you need to know anything specific before I get something posted feel free to ask away

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I am in no hurry as I have a very stable system. If you need any help with editing or ideas I am sure I and others on the board are more than willing to help if you ask.

Just one more thought. You don't have to write the whole thing at once. Maybe start with 2, one gig sticks of DDR2 and keep adding as you have time or answer questions.

Maybe Janus would be a better editor??? :)

Comment

Well I think I could do it pretty easily, and quick actually.

I planned to make just a set of "General" timings for 2x1GB and one for 2X2GB. Then a section explaining the terms and which are which as they relate name-wise because P45 uses actual names, and a section showing the values in Memset Vs. BIOS which you asked about.

I will have time to get it made up tonight, Likely will only take me about a hour if that. Once I do post it though soon as you see it chime in, I will of course leave it a open topic, and let me know if you think anything needs added

It is a great Idea, and I thank you for mentioning it for sure. I should have posted something along those lines a while ago!

Comment

Great.

Comment

Posted and Pinned.

Let me know if you think I left anything out, or need to address anything further.

Thanx

Comment

Working...
            X