GA-P35-DS3L Realtek Audio No Stereo Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DS3L Realtek Audio No Stereo Mix

I am using the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0 motherboard which makes use of a Realtek audio chip. I have installed the latest drivers and checked bios settings and still cannot enable the stereo mix. When viewing the recordings page in the audio manager the 'CD Volume', 'Mic Volume', 'Line Volume', 'Stereo Mix' channels are all greyed out and cannot be manipulated. I refuse to believe that this motherboard/audio chip does not support 'Stereo Mix', since my 5 year old laptop does. Im guessing it's disabled to prevent people recording their stereo mix, which is absolute rubbbish.

Is there anyway to change these settings or override them in some way?

Re: GA-P35-DS3L Realtek Audio No Stereo Mix

Can you please post me a picture of what you mean, so I can be sure.

I think you may need to go into safe mode, and uninstall microsoft UUA driver from device manager, and reboot to safe mode again. Then reinstall the latest Realtek driver >>>
    Realtek

Comment

Picture as requested. The channels including Stereo mix cannot be modified or enabled.

Comment

Did you do the driver as I suggested above? Are you using Vista, May also be needed in XP as well not sure though but go in control panel then sounds and in the payback tab be sure realtek device is enabled and the other disabled

I could not see your image, I am having issues with Imageshack this week it seems. Even a webproxy will not load any images from there??? But I think I do get what you mean

Comment

I have downloaded the latest drivers from RealTek, as far as I know I have no other audio drivers installed. I am using Windows XP Home. The RealTek device is enabled in the control panel. No other devices are installed.

Here is the image again on BayImg hope you can see it there:

Comment

Finally I can see it from above link!!

Now that I can see the image I can say You have the XP Driver in use not realtek, which would give you controls like this >>>

So what you need to do is as I suggested above, and or open Control Panel, go into sounds and enable the realtek device like shown here >>>>

While in control panel see if you see HD Audio Audio Manager, if so then you just need to enable it and open that controller. If not then you need to uninstall the UUA driver from device manager and reinstall the Realtek driver then in control panel sounds enable the proper device. Remember in Sounds tab you can also choose Configure, and Properties, and you can also right click the devices for more options

I say the above because you may already have it installed properly just not enabled right

Comment

I am using Windows XP so it is slightly different. But Im sure it is all enabled etc etc.

Here is my control panel. I can see the Realtek HD Audio Manager:

This is my Audio Controller in control panel which shows im using the Realtek Device:

Playback and recording controls show that realtek is selected:

Here is my gigabyte control panel and I can't even manipulate them from there:

Comment

Hmm, I thought your Realtek panel should look the same as mine since we have the same boards pretty much.

Are you sure you have the correct one installed? If so, can you please again try the method I posted here (Same as I posted in this thread, just with some more links explaining how to uninstall UUA) >>>

Comment

Hi,

Did anyone manage to fix this problem? I have exactly the same issue.

Comment

Did you follow my suggestions and reinstall the realtek driver only?

Comment

I contacted both Gigabyte and Realtek. Only Gigabyte have replied, with what appeared to be a likely solution.
                      I uninstalled both the Realtek driver and Microsoft DAA, rebooted and reinstalled the latest Realtek driver. But after many attempts, I still cannot enable the input controls. I even rolled back to SP2 to no avail. These were the links suggested by Gigabyte.

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - FAQ

I've followed them step by step, with no success.

One thing, after uninstalling the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver, it reappears after the reboot, is this right?
                      Last edited by Thaddeus; 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM.

Comment

You need to do those things in Safe mode and do not allow Windows to reinstall the driver (UUA) when it asks.

See here for more info >>>

What you do is go into safe mode, and uninstall the Microsoft UUA driver and then reboot back into safe mode and reinstall the Gigabyte or RealTek drivers only. Then be sure you do not reinstall the windows driver again. You can then go in device manager and find the UUA device or Icon and disable it

Comment

Hi.

Still no joy.

I did exactly as you suggested, rebooted in Safe Mode, uninstalled the Microsoft DAA driver, then rebooted again in Safe Mode.
                          But then, without giving me any options, Windows automatically reinstalled the old driver.

A bit of research has indicated that rather than stopping this auto update, I need to find where damn drivers are hiding, I can only find the one that resides in 'System Devices'.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well then disable the device in device manager, then install the driver and you will be fine

Comment

Working...
                            X