Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-g31 M-s2l help

Ok,

I was shopping on new egg and they listed my motherboard Ga-g31 M-s2l as having raid, which I have yet to be able to find in the manual (except that it lists a 'Combined Mode') which I don't think has anything to do with raid.

Otherwise, in setting up my Bios, I keep hitting snags. First when I tried to detect everything my DVD player ended up as the Ch. 0 slave and my two 500GB HD's we're the Ch.2 and ch.3 masters. I figured that might have worked but when I tried to install the OS it claimed it couldn't find the volume to install?

Anyway, I then cleared my CMOS values to start over and then I picked, load optimized defaults, but it this time put my first HD as the ch.2 slave and my second as the ch. 3 master and my DVD drives was no where in sight...

I don't know if I'm missing something big but this mobo is driving me insane.

Any help would be fantastic at this point,
    Thanks.

Re: Ga-g31 M-s2l help

no one?

After some playing I got HD 1 as master in Ch. 0 and HD 2 as master in ch. 1 in combined mode but when i plug my DVD player in there's only 1 HD showing up in ch 1 as master

Comment

IDE or SATA drives?

I will assume SATA, you need to install a driver off your motherboard disk for RAID using the F6 option during the VERY begining of your OS install for it to see your drives

Comment

Yea Sata (and this is a completely new build all parts from off line.)

Ok, so the information for the driver is on the mobo disk, but wont I need the OS for it to see the driver?

If I understand you right, I should be hitting f6 at the beginning of my OS install (vista in this case) and it will bring up a raid option? but how can I get the raid from off the mobo disk without taking out the vista?

Thanks for helping,
        I've been messing with this all day

Comment

Ok do you have a floppy?

If so you can put the drivers onto the floppy the manual shows you how to do this. If not yes when vista shows your your disks (Or no disks in this case) it will have a "Load Driver" button then push that button remove the vista install disk and put in the motherboard disk if you only have one cd drive. Then wait a few and then tell it to browse the motherboard disk for the drivers

Comment

Working...
          X