Ga-m57sli-s4 + ocz ddr2-8500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-m57sli-s4 + ocz ddr2-8500?

Hi. I was wondering if this OCZ RAM will work with my board.

OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR2 (OCZ2N1066SR2GK)

Re: Ga-m57sli-s4 + ocz ddr2-8500?

Here is the memory support list for your board >>>>

I see it says 800 but it could possibly run over that. I know Intel boards will do way more then stated standards but I am not sure about AMD.

Sorry I could not offer more help but I have no idea about AMD boards

Comment

That's OK, thanks mate.

It doesn't list any OCZ at all. Hmmm.

Comment

I would suggest Mushkins, Also not on the list

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. OK, here's the deal... sometime soon I am switching to an Intel setup, and along with a new board and CPU I'm planning on buying the OCZ I linked to. The reason I want the OCZ is because it's very cheap and it uses Micron D9GMH chips (great for overclocking). What I wanted to know was if my current motherboard would run this PC2-8500 RAM (albeit at a lower speed). If it would do it, I could grab the RAM now rather than waiting. I'm worried that the supply will run out.

No worries, though. To be on the safe side I will grab the RAM later when I get the new board and CPU.

By the way, you're a very helpful guy. Much respect and thanks very much!

Comment

I would suggest against that brand for GA boards.

But yeah, it would likely work for you but you may have issues. I cannot say for sure. All 1066 ram is 800 ram though and the user has to manually overclock it to 1066 so yes it would run at 800 until you changed things

Comment

OK, got it. Thanks very much for the replies.

Comment

Working...
              X