Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usb keyboard/GA-P35-DS3R

hi all,
    need some advice on a problem that seems to have developed over the last few days
    mb is a ga-p35-dsr3 bios is f11 and the system has never been overclocked.
    everything has worked fine since building it.
    recently my usb keyboard started to play up ,xp suddnley looses it then finds it again, this was over a few days,but now the keyboard does not get detected at all, and i am left having to use the on screen keyboard.
    i have bought a new keyboard thinking the keyboard has died , the new keyboard is not detected either.
    have tried all 8 usb ports on the back of the mb plus the 2 on the front keyboards are not detected at all.
    keyboard is detected and works fine when plugged into my laptops usb port.
    now the interesting thing is my usb mouse is detected straight away on all ports.
    when the problem started i tried fixing the problem with a format so system has a fresh install on it.
    have reset the cmos battery also powered down compleatly, as i have read that a complete shut down can sometimes clear usb problems.
    none of the above has helped.
    only usb devices on comp are mouse and keyboard
    so my questjon is could something on the mb have blown causing usb keyboards not to work but allow any other usb devices to function ok
    ps2 keyboards are out as mb only has usb ports.
    any help,advice greatly appreciated

Re: usb keyboard/GA-P35-DS3R

Make sure that you enabled the USB keyboard support & other USB related settings in your BIOS set up

Comment

Your Mobo supports PS2....

Did you not know this, I know this does not solve your issues but I just wanted to ask why you said it does not?

No, I dont think you could have shorted anything out that would let USB mouse work but then not a keyboard.

Have you installed the Intel Chipset software? If not please do so as I have had some mouse/keyboard issues without using it >>>
      Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

If your keyboard has it's own drivers uninstall them in safe mode, then reboot in safe mode again and install the Intel drivers, then reboot into normal windows and install your keyboard drivers. If you dont have additional ones then just install the intel drivers and reboot and see if it helps any

And yes, as said above you should have USB settings in the BIOS enabled

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Your Mobo supports PS2....

Did you not know this, I know this does not solve your issues but I just wanted to ask why you said it does not?

No, I dont think you could have shorted anything out that would let USB mouse work but then not a keyboard.

Have you installed the Intel Chipset software? If not please do so as I have had some mouse/keyboard issues without using it >>>
        Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

If your keyboard has it's own drivers uninstall them in safe mode, then reboot in safe mode again and install the Intel drivers, then reboot into normal windows and install your keyboard drivers. If you dont have additional ones then just install the intel drivers and reboot and see if it helps any

And yes, as said above you should have USB settings in the BIOS enabled
        Thanks for the replies so far,
        my mistake :( board does have ps2 port ( got mixed up with parrallel port and serial port which the board does not have :) )
        now borrowed a ps2 keyboard and that appears to be working ok

as far as i am aware all usb devices are enabled as i said in my first post the usb keyboard and usb mouse have been working flawlessly for months.
        have installed intel drives ect, no exclamation marks are showing in device manager at all.
        will recheck bios settings and report back :)

Comment

You could also try a reflash of your BIOS, or load and save.apply optimized defaults and then reboot and go back in and make your needed changes and then get in your system and see if it fixed it

Comment

Working...
          X