Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-X48T-DQ6.....is it safe to flash F5 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X48T-DQ6.....is it safe to flash F5 yet?

Sorry to hear about the drama's with the F5 bios, I hope everyone involved is up and running again. I am curious to know if the F5 release has been amended and safe, also could someone please direct me to some information on how to flash the bios properly as this is my first attempt. Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-X48T-DQ6.....is it safe to flash F5 yet?

As long as you get the latest one I believe dated 7/21/2008. I flashed this without issue.

Comment

Darkstar_WPB, what did you use to flash your bios? Qflash, @bios, or the DOS flash utility?

Comment

Qflash or DOS

DO NOT USE @BIOS!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Comment

Also I know there are pdf's on gigabytes website regarding how to use qflash, but lsdmeasap do you have tips or maybe direct me to a better qflash method? I have been reading the other threads but am a bit nervous since this is my first attempt. Thanks a million.

Comment

f5 BIOS ON GIGABYTE WEBSITE IS OK NOW.

Comment

Thanks Janus. Should I just follow the motherboard manual in using qflash or is there more information somewhere else? (yes I downloaded pdf)

Comment

Yes the Manual will tell you just fine how Qflash works, it is very easy to use.

You will be fine, just be sure you are not overclocked into a clock you have not tested to be stable and BE SURE you have the correct BIOS for your board/revision.

If you are Overclocked and you are not sure, just make a new BIOS profile and setup some default settings for your cpu and ram and save it as "Default" then go back and rename your other profile Overclocking. Then use the Default one to flash with. F11 and F12 are the BIOS profile keys. F11 is save and F12 is load, just make a few changes and then name that profile and save it.... and so on. You will see how easy this is once you get in there, very nice feature!!!

Comment

of course.

and if you mind F5 BIOS
                    you can also mail me to get F6a BIOS

[email protected]

Comment

Janus Yeh rocks!!

Tweaktown rocks!!

Lsdmeasap double rocks!!

Thanks gentlemen.

Comment

I take it you got it all fixed up right? Cool, glad to hear it

Comment

I did, I know the task is simple but my heart was pounding in case something went wrong. It flashed fine, and now I'II look forward to dynamically overclocking with DES advanced. I am hoping CIA3 comes out in a future bios release because that's a much better way to clock than a hard fixed 2 step clock, problem is that it only maximises the clock about ~20%, I think they need to aim at least 30% and even 50% for the 45nm QX chips. Thanks again lsdmeasap, you've always been a big help.

Comment

Anytime man.

Ya, it can be scary, but as long as you do it all proper you should always be fine..... But yeap it is always risky!

Good luck with your overclocking!

Comment

Working...
                            X