Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P35-DS3R Sound/Noise Issues? Static/Buzzing/Humming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35-DS3R Sound/Noise Issues? Static/Buzzing/Humming...

How the mobo is mounted on the metallic frame? With plastic slugs (insulated) or with brass stand-offs (grounded)?
    The more it is grounded the better its stability and audio noise figure.
    I used only metallic stand-offs with adequate screws - but be careful to not short active printed circuit pads to ground so the stand-off/screws used must be smaller than the hole pad.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

I use Red washers on both sides of my boards, Between the top of the board and screws, and under the board on top of the posts. These are what I mean >>>
      Pkg of 50 8mm Paper Motherboard Washers - Misco.co.uk

Motherboard washers - Google Image Search

I posted in your thread, but about a sound card as I did not see this first.

If you are SURE it is coming from your board it could be a Cap going bad, you may want to RMA if you still can

Comment

go down to your local hardware store and buy half a square meter of brass mesh... cut out a square of about 25 square cm (around 5x5). now turn on your PC and get it to a point where static starts occuring... now hold the little brass square over (on the same plane as the mobo) the mobo about 5-10mm high and slowly move from the top right corner to the bottom right and (eventually) to the bottom left corner. if at any point the static stops then you know you have a busted cap. if not, hold the square in front (in the direction of your card) in front of your PSU. if the static stops now, you know your PSU is poorly insulated.

if the static doesn't stop, i dont know whats wrong, but ive still got a solution... cut out a bit of brass in the shape (kinda) shown below (if you need abetter diagram i can draw one out)

|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
        |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx| total height 2x your card height + 3 cm
        |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_|
        |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|_ <---small slit (about 1cm in)
        length of your card + 3cm

now bend the brass in half at the slit and bend the 2 flaps at the end so they surround the card. if you have any wires going to the card (inside your case) then punch a hold of sufficient size to fit the connector through.

if the static does not stop now then you know that its the card that has something wrong with it and you should RMA it...
        Last edited by BongWizard; 09-22-2008, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X