• GA-x48T mobo turns on for 5 secs then off

hi guys im basically building a new rig and the specs are as follows:

cpu - e9450 quad core
    gpu - 280 gtx
    mobo - the gigabyte looool
    ram - ocz reaper X 2x2 GB
    case - zalman lq1000
    psu - eliteXstream 1000w
    hdd - samsung 32 ssd in raid 0 And 1TB western digital.

these are the specs, the issue i got is that the every time i turn the pc on it turns off after like 3 seconds and then on by it self and then off and on until i take the power lead out of the wall.

the pc WAS working ok i had couple BSOD but that was normal i was getting all the updates and also decided to flash the bios to F5 from F4 i thought i might as well get the latest bios.

after doing this the pc then restarted then went into the loop hole of turning on and off.i got no idea what is causing this i took the battery out and did the step by step component removing but nothing helped the issue.

im thinking the mobo is dead maybe not any views will be great thanks in advance.

Re: GA-x48T mobo turns on for 5 secs then off

the turning off and on is sign of some settings being wrong in the bios. after a failed OC the comp turns off and on, cycling until it finds a stable setting.

Comment

ok soo ur saying let it turn on and off LOL i mean ok sure if thats what it takes it to work im justr sad cos it was all working this morning :(

Comment

apprently flashing the mobo to f5 bios will kill the board so i guess that answer my question. except if u guys know anything that i dont please reply and tell me thanks.

Comment

Oh sorry I didnt see the "T" in ur X48 spec at first. Yeah F5 for the X48T is no good, apperantly GA relaesed a bugged bios :|
          Last edited by LaZ; 07-23-2008, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Did you have a floppy drive installed? If so you may be able to recover the BIOS, if not you will have to RMA the board

Comment

Working...
            X