DS3L F8 Overclocking E6600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3L F8 Overclocking E6600

I recently flashed my BIOS. Had some problems, but through finding these forums through Google, I was led to the right direction and ended up fixing my problem (clearing CMOS and flashing bios via newly added floppy drive; everything perfect).

Now very minor weird issue: I've been overclocking my E6600 (2.4ghz) to 3.2ghz, with settings of 355mhz and 9x multiplier. Everything works fine; when it boots it will say it reached 9x multiplier and the 3.19ghz. It also can be found once in windows when I right click My Computer and go to properties: "3.19 GHz. 3.50 GB of RAM" on the third line. Even the Intel ID tool shows 3.19 GHz for each core. Now the weird thing is, the version I had, and even the newest version of CPU-Z shows a multiplier of 6x and core of about 2.1ghz.

I don't know which to believe. I usually trusted CPU-Z. Is my multiplier 9x like everything else shows/proves, or is CPU-Z correct?

Re: DS3L F8 Overclocking E6600

Actually with a little bit of experimentation, I discovered that it had to have been Speedstep or something similar. When I'd perform a heavy task while CPU-Z was open, it will go to x9 when needed.

Comment

I'll add to this one more time just in case it helps anyone: If anyone is playing games (in my case, Age of Conan), turning off Speed Step would probably be wise. When I had the game windowed for I can see CPU-Z, it shows that even during game play it still jumps back and forth between x6 and x9 (just not as frequent, but enough to probably disrupt some game play.

Comment

C1D or something and EIST.
        Disable them both in the BIOS. The CPU speed drops back when it is not under load, When you CPU goes under load it will go back it's original speed. I can see why it's implemented but I don't use it because it does get kinda annoying.

It, however won't disrupt your use of the computer, but i'd turn it off.

Comment

Yeap, speedstep is enabled.

C1E and EIST is what you need to disable

Comment

Working...
          X