Ga-ep35-ds3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep35-ds3l

Hey guys, ive never posted here before but ive looked around and i love what i see. Anyways, to my problem:

when i installed my cpu/heatsink i did not like the temps i was getting (56C idle!!) so i took everything apart, reapplied paste and all that good stuff. so im booting it up, it boots up for like 5 seconds, then turns off, and i touch the case, it turns back on, and off and then starts clicking and flashing the four phase lights.

so i took everything out, took out the battery for like 10 mins - didnt help. disconnected EVERYTHING from it, didnt help. took out my ram and only put one stick. nothing.

i tried calling gigabyte - but they dont work past 5.....

does anyone know whats going on? oh and another weird thing is, i only get the clicks and four flashing lights when my ATX cable is like halfway in and slanted - if i put it in all the way and correctly, my system doesnt respond at all to anything i do.

thanx

Re: Ga-ep35-ds3l

You should take the Motherboard out of your case, and off the tray and redo it all or test outside your case.

Sounds like when you redid your paste you shorted a wire out and it is grounding out somewhere. Check all Wires for shorts, if you find one then we are done and you know what the problem was. If not Sit your motherboard on a table, or something NON Metallic then Put only what you need to test in for now, one stick of ram in slot one, your CPU and cooler of course, and your GFX card. Hard drive is not needed, but you can hook one up if you like. That is all and turn it on and see if you can load the BIOS Screen. The main point of this is to test whether or not something is shorting out. If you get the screen/pc to come on for you slowely add your parts and test after each part added. Likely you wont find a short this time around, but if so this will make it easier for you to find

Also you should NEVER plug something electrical in partially. Doing that likely just killed your board. If not and you find things to be ok out of your case then good. But please do not plug things in partially ANYTIME on ANYTHING!!!

Comment

will try to do that tommorow. thanx for the advice. will let you know how it goes

Comment

Good luck, hope you did not fry anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Good luck, hope you did not fry anything!
          k so i tried what u said - no luck.

the four lights still flash but i did notice that the klicking sound is coming from my psu - not the mobo.

psu problem maybe?

Comment

Yes, if your PSU is making a sound it Died or is Dying which may or may not have been caused by a short, or you partially plugging things in.

Sadly, you will for starters need a new PSU. If you are lucky it did not fry anything else. If you can while you wait on yout New PSU order, you should test your ram and GFX card on someone else's PC as they may have been fried as well

DO NOT TRY TO START YOUR SYSTEM WITH THAT PSU OR USE THAT PSU ANYMORE ON ANY OTHER SYSTEM!!!!!

When making a choice for a new PSU, DO NOT buy cheap. Your PSU is the most important thing in your system

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Yes, if your PSU is making a sound it Died or is Dying which may or may not have been caused by a short, or you partially plugging things in.

Sadly, you will for starters need a new PSU. If you are lucky it did not fry anything else. If you can while you wait on yout New PSU order, you should test your ram and GFX card on someone else's PC as they may have been fried as well

DO NOT TRY TO START YOUR SYSTEM WITH THAT PSU OR USE THAT PSU ANYMORE ON ANY OTHER SYSTEM!!!!!

When making a choice for a new PSU, DO NOT buy cheap. Your PSU is the most important thing in your system
              luckily, i only bought it last week at best buy (and i work at best buy) so im going to go run in and exchange it.

and i actually bought the most expensive one we sold - 650Watt Antec Earthwatts

Comment

Hmm, well yeah that is a good one. Could have been DOA or user error That caused a short

Good luck with everything

Got any Rocketfish cases in stock at your Best Buy? SKU# 8428604

If so, check the price on that and let me know!

Comment

ill give it a look tommorow, is that the full tower black one?

Comment

Yeap!

Been trying to find one cheaper then ebay has them going

Comment

new egg is gonna take it back, the mobo is faulty.

Comment

Good to hear. So the new PSU was no help eh? Hopefully you did not fry your RAM, GFX card and CPU as well.

At least you shopped Newegg, they rock for RMA service. If you call and whine a little they will likely cross ship it for you. I have several times

Comment

Working...
                        X